·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Current Setup:

1. Vizio 42" LCD HDTV

2. xbox 360 into component

3. dvd player into av on tv w/ optical from dvd player into pioneer receiver

4. sound hooked from the TV to the receiver via anolog cables (red and white)

I have really great sound via the optical on the DVD vs the anolog so I decided to unhook the optical from the dvd player and run it from the tv optical port to the optical on the receiver (pioneer xbox 360 sound system) hoping to hear the difference while watching TV. I get no sound when I chose my digital button after doing this. What am I doing wrong?

FWIW, dish network is coming Saturday to upgrade me to a HD DVR Receiver. Not sure if this will solve the problem since I am not familar with what cables are used in that setup. I currently just have the satellite cable going into my current receiver and the coaxial feed going out to the TV.

Thanks for any help!

·
Banned
3,712 Posts
Well since your receiver worked with the DVD player optical, you have no prob. with the receiver. one question: on your receiver the "digital button" is for your optical connection right? if so you should have an "analog button" which would give you the RCA audio from your tv, correct? If your receiver gets the RCA audio signal from your tv and not your TV's optical signal, I would imagine you have a problem with the optical out on the TV.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Maybe your optical input isn't available on the TV setting for your receiver? You might try scrolling through the other inputs to check if it's being directed somewhere else like the CD input.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ending up just going from my satellite receiver to my pioneer receiver via the optical cable and all is well.

·
Banned
3,712 Posts
i prefer that method too. component to receiver directly. can get a little annoying though with multiple components and 1 receiver but nothing a optical audio switch cant fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts