AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been surfing through this forum for quite a while, but now I want to actually purchase a projector and Im not sure which one is the one. I was dead set on the Panasonic ax100 but now I read the thread on it and Im sort of nervous about it. My luck would be a broken one. So are there any projectors at around 2K that can hang with it but be more dependable? I would just buy the Panasonic if I thought the color would be right, if it had the red and green edges I wouldn't be happy. What should I get?

PS: I have a big room to put it in and Im not worried about placement. I just want the best picture I can get for my budget.. thanks in advance!

chris

·
Registered
103 Posts
Unfortunately some LCD projectors can have a slight to completely awful convergence issue. It's rare that you'll ever find one perfectly aligned, but some are more tolerable than others. If you want to stay away from that, I'd say go DLP. The trade-off would be the color wheel, but for two grand you can find one with a fast enough color wheel I don't think it'll be a problem for you.

If you've never been there before, go to projectorcentral.com and on the left you will see "What's Popular". Those are the top 5 projectors in each category that are currently getting the most buzz. You can also read under "Highly Rated Home Theater Projectors" and get a few suggestions there. Not to mention they have all of the specs that are available listed (bulb life, resolution, fan noise, etc.) and a distance calculator. They have user reviews and in-depth comparisons also. It really is a great spot to read up on everything.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info.. I think I am going to get the panasonic, I have read several reviews now and most people are blown away by it, and I do have a bit of ambient light so I think I can use the extra power.. I hope I get one thats not broken. Projector reviews says that its probably the best one you can buy for under 2K so that sounds like the one for me.. anybody think I should get a different one?

·
Registered
10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5H4V3D89 /forum/post/0

thanks for the info.. I think I am going to get the panasonic, I have read several reviews now and most people are blown away by it, and I do have a bit of ambient light so I think I can use the extra power.. I hope I get one thats not broken. Projector reviews says that its probably the best one you can buy for under 2K so that sounds like the one for me.. anybody think I should get a different one?

i was in your position but after reading hours of info here including the fact that the sanyo has a much better quality bulb i went for the sanyo. no convergence issues at all. 3 yr warranty and better detail than panny a100.

also I LEAVE A WINDOW OPEN TO GET FRESH AIR WHILE VIEWING AND OBVIOUSLY GET A FAIR AMOUNT OF AMBIENT LIGHT IN MY LIVING ROOM, WALLS AND CEILING ARE OFF WHITE. I DRAPE A SECTION OF THE BLACK OUT CURTAINS AT A 90 DEGREE ANGLE 2 FT. FROM THE WINDOW AND FIND THE Z5 IS MORE THAN FINE. IT'S UP TO THE TASK EVEN ON ECO-MODE AND SECOND BRIGHTEST SETTING FOR SPORTS OR NATURE SHOWS.

PICTURE QUALITY IS OUT OF THIS WORLD AND MUCH EASIER ON EYES THAN A REAR PROJECTION TV EVEN THOUGH THE SREEN SIZE IS LIKE WATCHING FIVE 60" TV'S SCREEN SIDE BY SIDE.

I VERY PICKY BUT I'M HAPPY WITH BLACK LEVELS AND THE FACT THAT YOU CAN SEE GREAT SHADOW DETAIL. I'VE NEVER SEEN ARTIFACTS AS I DID WITH MY SONY A2000 HD TV WHICH I AM THRILLED TO HAVE SENT BACK. I HAVE A 120" SCREEN USING THE WILSONART DESIGNER WHITE MATTE FINISH ARBORITE MATERIAL. QUALITY IS SIMILAR TO $2000.00 SCREENS AND ONLY COST $125.00 FOR 5'X10' SIZE SHEET WHICH I MOUNTED ON MY WALL WITH 16 TOTAL DOOR TABS TOP AND BOTTOM.

THANKS TO ALL WHO INITIALLY PROVIDED US WITH THIS INFO!!!!!!!!!!!! IN THE DYO SCREEN SECTION.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.