Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive read allmost everything on this site and others about the lipsync

I have a new 6178 and i experience the problem. However due to the nature of my crappy reciever I have no choice but to split the audio video .

My question is if I get a new reciever , like the 3806 denon, and i route both audio and video through it will i still experience the lag?

I understand the new denon and most new recievers have a delay function but will it be needed if both audio and video sources go through the AVR.

Thanks alot and sorry for starting a new thread about this but the others are just too long and i mainly want to hear from new 1080p owners.

Thanks

Tom

·
Registered
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfleming
Thanks alot and sorry for starting a new thread about this but the others are just too long and i mainly want to hear from new 1080p owners.

Thanks

Tom
But that's exactly what the 1080P Sammy thread is for...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the great response!

Obviously you havent seen the size or read through that current thread. Simple questions like mine become obscure and unanswered.

All i wanted was a little advice and help. If you had none I would of appreciated if you just ignored my post all together.

Thanks Again

Tom

·
Registered
235 Posts
Acutally, I still read that thread.

My advice is that you post your question in the proper thread. You can choose to follow that advice or ignore it.

You're welcome.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by lander215
Acutally, I still read that thread.

Good then why dont you READ my reply in this thread

"Simple questions like mine become obscure and unanswered."

Thus me starting a new thread.

Of course it seems any new thread becomes obscure and unanswered due to those who feel they must police others posts. If you disagree with my posts placement or content please feel free in the future to ignore them.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Ive read allmost everything on this site and others about the lipsync

I have a new 6178 and i experience the problem. However due to the nature of my crappy reciever I have no choice but to split the audio video .

My question is if I get a new reciever , like the 3806 denon, and i route both audio and video through it will i still experience the lag?

I understand the new denon and most new recievers have a delay function but will it be needed if both audio and video sources go through the AVR.

Thanks

Tom
The answer to your question is Yes. You'll have to compensate with the reciever's delay function.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well that stinks. I guess if thats the case I dont understand the benifit of routing data through the reciever.

Thanks for the reply

Tom

·
Registered
133 Posts
Quote:
well that stinks. I guess if thats the case I dont understand the benifit of routing data through the reciever.

Thanks for the reply

Tom
The benefit is that you can use the receiver to switch multiple signals into one input on the tv. As for the receiver automatically compensating for the delay, it can't do that because it has no idea how long the tv will take to process the signal. When both signals go through the receiver, they are in sync, it's not until the video hits the TV that it gets delayed and ends up out of sync. Setting the fixed delay to the correct value one time for each input (I'm not sure if the Denon allows per input delay settings) should take care of the problem except for games.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.