AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question - in the quest "Ghost Ship of Anvil", you have to clear out a ship in the Anvil docks and retrieve a crystal ball for the lady. That's fine. But here's the thing. While I was clearing out the ship, I found a note next to a dead sailor. It read something like:

"follow the street to the end, make a left. Then take a right, and if you see the building with the fallen roof, you've gone too far. Knock twice on the door, then knock again. Bring money."

But the note doesn't give a starting location. Did any of you guys find this note? I've been to every city trying to find the house the note is talking about, but can't seem to locate it. I realize it's probably only worth some token enchanted item in the end, but I'm still curious. Anyone figure this out?

·
Registered
80 Posts
I just went back and picked up the note. Now I'm busy looking for buildings with collapsed roofs.

Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^ lol.

PLEASE find it! Keep us posted.

I don't want to reveal any spoilers, even though this is a generally meaningless side-quest. But you can find out the backstory to the "Ghost Ship of Anvil" quest by completing one of the Dark Brotherhood quests which takes place in Bravil. It made me wonder if the note's unnamed starting location might therefore be Bravil, but I still haven't found anything...

·
Registered
102 Posts

Here's how I solved the ghost ship quest. I turned the ghosts (using Turn Undead) and pretty much rand down the stairs to grab the crystal ball.

The ghosts followed me back up and then fanned out and killed the people on the dock! After turning over the Crystal Ball, I looted all the corpses!

he he he....

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by spindoctor /forum/post/0

Here's how I solved the ghost ship quest. I turned the ghosts (using Turn Undead) and pretty much rand down the stairs to grab the crystal ball.

The ghosts followed me back up and then fanned out and killed the people on the dock! After turning over the Crystal Ball, I looted all the corpses!

he he he....

lol. thanks for the tip. I actually completed the quest already (it wasn't too difficult - especially when I plowed through the ship with my Mage's Guild Staff) - just trying to find some resolution to that damned note I found.

·
Registered
698 Posts
yea why would it say knock on the door

how do you knock? with a punch or would it come up in dialog

·
Registered
351 Posts
Does buying the Wizard's Tower add on effect any of the mages guild quests? or does it simply allow access to the arcane university? I wanted to buy it for the house I need a place to store alot of things but also plan on joining the mages guild but will not buy if it effects any of the quests.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixtapem /forum/post/0

Does buying the Wizard's Tower add on effect any of the mages guild quests? or does it simply allow access to the arcane university? I wanted to buy it for the house I need a place to store alot of things but also plan on joining the mages guild but will not buy if it effects any of the quests.

No, it doesn't affect any quests. Pretty killer place too.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Wizard's Tower and Thieves Den are both free on the Feb OXM disk.

The main uses of Wizard's Tower are as a house with a *lot* of storage, as a source of an Atronach familiar, as a teleport hub to the various Mages guild houses, and as a place where mages can create spells and encant objects *without* having to join the guild and get into the University.

The Thieves Den offers a residence, a source of regular income, a security training chest, and a fence where you can sell stolen goods without joinin the thieves guild.

Both are useful.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.