AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking into upgrading my receiver and wanted some suggestions on where to start looking. Its been a while since I've looked into them so I'm not sure what I should be looking for in a modern receiver.

This will be for a living room and 90% TV and movies. The remaining 10% will be split between music and gaming.

I don't recall the exact speaker specs but the fronts are two Energy book shelf speakers and the rears are two of their smaller book shelf speakers. I'm not currently running a center channel and don't mind it so I'll probably continue. Also running a sub but don't recall which one. Everything is currently packed since I'm moving so I can't easily check on the specs.


- Able to convert composite inputs to hdmi output

- No video delay (or as small as possible)

- On screen display for configuration

- Automatic speaker level setup

- 5.1. - 7.1 won't get used

- 4+ hdmi input

- 2+ Component input

I don't have a hard number on the budget but I'm definitely looking for something entry level or budget minded.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.