Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Updating this thread:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...40#post2056340

Called up Maxtor, gave CC number for advanced shipping choice (they ship to you, then you return old drive in their box). Just received a new 120gig Diamond 16 drive as a replacement for the 80gig I will be returning :) Only 5400rpm, but so was the old one. New drive lists at $120+ at googlegear, so not bad. Now to format it tonight and plug it in my dad's replay tomorrow............

and hell, even if it is the machine itself and not the HD, he will at least have a brand new, free 120gig HD to put in the computer I will be probably be building him soon!

·
Registered
65 Posts
great, I missed it by a week :( just did same got another refurb 80GB. Do yourself a favor and immediately check the warranty info. They did not transfer mine properly to the replacement, 18 months short.

Maybe the drive I just RMA'd will produce something better. Not too happy about 2 drives going within a week of each other.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, the warranty said it was good until June 2004. The original 3-year warranty expires April 2004, so they gave me a couple months for some reason. How do you know if a drive is refurbished vs new?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.