1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi, While I don't have this unit I think I can explain it to you. There are 2 types of soda dispensers, Premix and Postmix. This is a Premix system, meaning the soda syrup is mixed in "soda kegs" These are usually 5 gallons but some can be found at 3 gallons. Think of it like this, It's like having a giant 5 gallon bottle of soda. When you pull the dispenser handle the soda is pushed out the nozzle into your cup. These types are commonly found at fairs and carnivals also caterers use them.

How do you keep cold? well you can keep kegs in a fridge or run soda through a "cold Plate" which is a plate submerged in Ice to which the cold is passed to the soda on its trip through the plate. Soda kegs can be found on Ebay for $12 each, the big question is "where will you get them filled?"

If you find someone that fills em, find out how long they are planning to fill these. You could fill them yourself, but if your were planning that you should look into a post mix system. In this system the syrup is not mixed until it comes out the dispenser head. No muss no fuss. Do your research both systems require care. Where will you get supplies? Both systems have hoses and plenty of them. A postmix is a little harder to install.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.