AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know you guys get these a lot...but...here goes anyway. I just purchased some dipole speakers...actually they should be tripole I guess, and was wondering how to place them. My biggest problem is that I cannot get them 2-3 feet above the listening position to the ideal surround speaker position. I live in an apartment, and I don't think I'm allowed to drill nails that support 15 lb speakers. So at ear level, should I point the speakers straight up? The salesperson was telling me that because they are dipole/omnipole type speakers it was fine to aim them directly at the listener. But when I listened to some movies, I found them kind of intrusive. Aiming them up has helped a bit, but since they are right against my back wall, I'm wondering if I'm getting the proper dispersion. Please let me know how you would place the speakers.

·
Registered
596 Posts
drywall anchors will hold those speakers. That should solve your "where to put them" problem. As long as you patch the holes when you move out of the apartment, the complex will be fine with that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.