AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read the thread started by 'brettvdi' on his sports bar (30 HDTV's & 10 or more inputs) and there was a lot of info to digest. My situation is similar but with enough of a difference to hopefully warrant its own thread. I have a small sports bar, inputs are 6 DirecTV boxes and CATV with 11 HD TV's. Each box goes directly to 1 TV and 5 of the TV's get only cable. I would love to be able to have each TV receive any input. I'm thinking of adding another box and a few more TV's. The product that seems to do the trick for what I have now and for the future is an 8x16 Component Video Matrix Switch w/CAT5 Outs (sorry, I can't post a URL because it is my 1st post) but I have some questions. Is there a product out there that does both audio and video? Can I run a Cat5e cable to each TV or do I need to run it to a wall plate first (this would greatly increase the cost)? Is there a better solution that I'm missing? I thought the 'Just Add Power' transmitter might work but I'm not sure how to expand the inputs and if each TV needs a receiver the cost will add up quickly. Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
105 Posts
the just add power solution will require a receiver per tv that you want to display a separate video feed on.. you could how ever use an hdmi splitter and run it to a few tvs off of a few receivers but you will be limiting those tvs to what ever source the receiver is displaying. Each transmitter will encode one HDMI source and then youd need a managed switch and a control system or the driver that they are working on and then the network switch will control all of the video feeds.

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
Take a look at the Audio Authority AVAtrix, which is a 6x8 matrix that can be expanded to a 6x18. It does audio and video over cat5 (2).

http://www.audioauthority.com/produc...62/AVAtrix/5/1

Do you TVs have a set-top box for cable now? If not, you may want to just wire all 11 to coax for cable and leave the matrix open for 6 DirecTV sources. And then all 11 could display any cable station in addition to the 6 'house' sources.

Jeff

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by jautor /forum/post/18144084

Take a look at the Audio Authority AVAtrix, which is a 6x8 matrix that can be expanded to a 6x18. It does audio and video over cat5 (2).

Do you TVs have a set-top box for cable now? If not, you may want to just wire all 11 to coax for cable and leave the matrix open for 6 DirecTV sources. And then all 11 could display any cable station in addition to the 6 'house' sources.

Jeff

Thanks for the replies. I don't have set-top boxes but all TV's are wired for cable so the 6 input model would do the trick. The only downside is I wouldn't be able to add another Sat box without expanding the system. It looks like the zone receivers are needed so in addition to the AVAtrix I would need 11 receivers (10 if I locate the AVAtrix close enough to my 'main' TV) and a Matrix Router Expander. Is this right or am I missing something?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.