AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished upgrading my SS2000 from 30G to 120G single drive Maxtor.

I had no recorded shows left on the machine before the upgrade, so it went pretty quick. I used the new 2.2.4 version of RTVPatch in W2K GUI mode. Worked flawlessly.

I used the EZbake metal enclosure but took the foam sheet off. The new drive is quieter than the original Quantum. I left the Acoustic Management and Write Verify settings alone.

The upgrade process copied all my scheduled recordings over to the new drive. This afternoon, it recorded a show as scheduled.

I would like to thank everyone on this forum that have done a ton of work ... research, analysis and the development of the code ... to make this possible.

So far, so good.

Thank You All Again,

RoberB

:)

·
Registered
238 Posts
I am about to try my first upgrade of my 30hr panasonic to with an 80gb Maxtor. Since it's in between season now I don't mind loosing my schedules as I can recreate that easy enough. Should I just go for the CD image method then? And keep the original HD as a backup?

Also, how do I double check which image to use? I see there are 2k, 3, and 4k series' listed which one is mine?

Thanks a bunch. This forum is great and has given me the confidence to try this myself.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
the Panasonic Showstoppers are equivalent to the ReplayTV 3000 models -- use the 3k image.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I considered going with the CD image option but decided to copy from the original hard drive in the Panny. This way, your entire setup is copied over intact. Once you're finished with RTVPatch and put the new drive in the Replay machine, it'll be like nothing has changed, but you have more space. And you still have your old hard drive as a backup.

Assuming that your current hard disk is working well, I'd go for the HD to HD copy with RTVPatch.

Good Luck,

Roberb

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just did the upgrade from 30GB to 120GB (WD1200AB) with the RTVPatch

W2K GUI, without copy the original recording. (I got some recording left

in my original 30GB harddrive.)

Couple question:

[1] I did not copy the original recording to the new HD. But, it only shows

103GB space left. Anything that I missed? Is that the space that I

used in the original recording? How can I claim those space back?

[2] During the patching, I select the Large format size instead of the

default. Any idea, what difference it makes?

Thanks all.

-Jeffrey

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
You did everything correct. If you look at your scheduled recordings you'll find some guaranteed and being so is automatically deducted from available time. What you can do is pause live tv and look at the available pause time. The pause time will reflect all the disk space at high quality so times that by 3 will add up to 125 hours extended quality.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thank you, Mikeyboy.

I was too anxious to see the basic. :p

-Jeffrey

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.