AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone would like to weigh in I would welcome any opinions...

60"

$1600-$1800 budget

Would like to purchase from Best Buy to take advantage of 36m/0% financing

I will be upgrading my 42 inch '08 Panasonic Plasma which I am very, very happy with - just looking for something bigger.

Room notes:

Generally darker LR

Will NOT be wall mounted

Current options:

Panasonic TC-P60ST30 or Sharp LC-60LE830U

My in-laws have a Sharp Quatron (not sure of the model) that I was pretty impressed with but I haven't spent a ton of time watching it. I did look at the Sharp in the store (I know that it's not a good reference for color, brightness, etc) but I did notice some blur. I guess it could have just been the feed...or the fact that I was really looking for it. I am sensitive to blur - hence buying a plasma 4-5 years ago instead of an LCD or DLP.

Like I said, I am really happy with my Panasonic plasma but I want to make sure I am getting something that is future ready. I buy a new TV every 5 years or so.

I am not really all that worried about 3d right now but I'd like to have the option to use it if it becomes more ubiquitous.

I am not in a huge rush so if there is something better coming along in the next 4-6 weeks I can certainly wait.

I guess really what I want to know is if the LED is going to have a noticeable issue with blur and if the other benefit of getting an LED are worth the possibility or should I just stick with a Plasma.

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
15,877 Posts
ST30 all the way. LED has issues with motion blur and side angle viewing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts