AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
220 Posts
Only time I ever had an experience with the white van was in 1998. I was leaving a used record store and in the parking lot this girl in a white van yelled, "Hey you wanna buy some speakers?" I said no and the van drove off.

Didn't realize that the whole thing was a country-wide scam until a couple years later on the internet.

Then a couple years after that my buddy tells me he just bought some new speakers. i was surprised because he just bought new PSB Image 4T's less than a month earlier. When I asked why in the world he'd get more speakers he proceeds to tell me he got a "great deal" while he was at the ATM.

I asked if he bought the speakers from a white van and he was like, "yeah how did you know!?!?" After explaining to him what had just happened you can imagine how pissed he was. I think he spent $500.00!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by shodulik
Only time I ever had an experience with the white van was in 1998. I was leaving a used record store and in the parking lot this girl in a white van yelled, "Hey you wanna buy some speakers?" I said no and the van drove off.

Didn't realize that the whole thing was a country-wide scam until a couple years later on the internet.

Then a couple years after that my buddy tells me he just bought some new speakers. i was surprised because he just bought new PSB Image 4T's less than a month earlier. When I asked why in the world he'd get more speakers he proceeds to tell me he got a "great deal" while he was at the ATM.

I asked if he bought the speakers from a white van and he was like, "yeah how did you know!?!?" After explaining to him what had just happened you can imagine how pissed he was. I think he spent $500.00!!!!

That's pretty messed up that your buddy bought PSB's and then didn't even have a gut feeling that speakers sold from a white van would even be decent? Either way, suxorz dude. These crap heads need to fall into a hole, haha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts