AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, now I finally understand all those (what I used to think were dumb) posts about "I just ordered my blank blank projector a few minutes ago..." You get so damn excited about it, you just gotta tell someone! And who better to tell than all of you on this great forum...at least you understand why I'm excited! So...I just ordered my X1 a few minutes ago!

Thanks to Patrick21 for all his help in finding a dealer with a great price.

mike

·
Registered
446 Posts
Get ready to be "WOWED"!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, who did U buy it from? and how much did u pay for it?

Iam assuming U bought the x1 from a non authorized reseller, If u really did, are u aware of your warranty details. I believe Infocus does not honor its warranties if the projectors are not bought from an authorised seller.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Fairly new to dlp projectors and thinking of bying this one since it's the price of a large tv. I saw a demo of a Sim 2 dlp on a 120" perf steward greyhawk screen. 16:9 image. I was told this Sim 2 projector was about $10,000 USD. When I mentioned that infocus has this new X1 projector for

like $1600 usd he immedially replied with "Obviously a $1600 projector is not going to look like a $10K projector.

Spiderman was also playing out progressive.

I then asked if I am playing dvd movies on a 120" screen why would I need a brigher and higher rez projector? The sales guy agreed.

It seems the more expensive projectors are designed for larger blowup and therefore also come with more and more lumens. However a 1000 lumens X1 Infocus is bright enought for a 120" image. So since I am still yet to see the image the X1 projects, I ask you experts what am I paying for if all I want is home entertainment on a 120" screen from DVD source?

·
Registered
407 Posts
brodi, I too looked at the Simm2 and was impressed with the image, and at $10,000 it should be good. The dealer also had a Plus Piano and in comparing the two I found that the Piano had motion artifacts that was distracting in fast moving pans. It also had difficulty correctly displaying reds. They where quite orange, but if you have no reference this, to me, wasn't a deal breaker. When I saw the same scenes on the Simm2 I realized that $10,000 gives you no motion artifacts and true deep reds. Quite a price to pay I thought, considering both machines had similar specs, same resolution, same light output. I was resolved to live with the reds but had doubts about the motion artifacts. Was this what was causing some people to complain about headaches and fatigue when watching DLP projectors? Did I really have to fork over $10,000US ($16,000 Canadian) to get a good image. This disturbed me because I started thinking about going to a LCD projector and I hadn't seen an LCD projector that I liked!

I decided to take the plunge and bought the InFocus X1. I thought that at less than $2,500 Canadian I could put up with some issues. To my pleasant surprise it has no real issues. No motion artifacts, true deep reds just a great, bright image that can easily be pushed to 104". The image quality is just as good as the Simm2 but because of the greater light output you can use a larger screen. Frankly, imho, the X1 is the hands-down best deal on the block. I'm sure some people will find fault with it, inspecting the screen door at 6" from the screen, analyzing every nuance, but if you just like to sit back and enjoy a good movie you'll be impressed. The only caveat is if your susceptible to rainbows, (this is true for all single chip DLPs) in which case LCD is the only solution.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Flopper, please send me a PM too.

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Flooper,

Would you mind sending me a PM with the info? Thanks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.