Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know?

I am sure some users here have one of these players.

Thanks

Jeff

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Jeff, Pioneer quit using them in the early 90's. I've had atleast one player, CLD-52, that had one. I think that only dual-side players had them. The first player I got in the 80's, the single-side LD-838D didn't use one. My first dual-side player was the CLD-52 and it of course does. So, the answer to your query is, not applicable. Best wishes!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I had several early players that had this transit screw--all Pioneers-- The 99 is based on the 704;as in my Theta Data3--all no transit screw.--However these are all high-risk--for shipping, items.Insure it; pack it extra careful;use DHL,pay the price and sleep well.If you use Fedex or UPS--expect a headache.(in exchange for saving ship charges) Geo

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
My early first one in 1994, the CD playing model # PD-904 has a set that you use for moving or shipping.

I have never owned a LD player but presumably Pioneer had them for shipping or moving from one apartment or house to another.

I still have the Pioneer 100 disc rolling rack model, not the newer carousels they have today. I own 2 F-1007 300 CD jukes filled mostly with movie sound tracks. :)

·
Registered
27,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info!

JEff

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
is there any real way to avoid damaging these players? i had a cld-d701 that arrived broken (shipped from an ebay jerk WITHOUT a screw at all) and then the tracking guide proceeded to bust itself at random times, usually after a very ginger moving, even just from one spot in the room to the other. ugh. i need a new one now but i don't know if i should expect the same thing from any player. any advice?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.