AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I found out by mistake that you can only change advance or additional settings on tv if you are in movie or standard mode for the 40eh5300. You cannot change them in dynamic. It mentioned this in the emanual. Funny how one should read things LOL!

So is this a reason to return this TV. I am not one to complain but just asking. I thing that you should be able to change settings in any mode. I cannot understand why not in dynamic. Again to me it seems the lower or mid level buyer is being cheated somehow. In the sense that companies what to sell you a more expensive tv. I cannot complain too much but still like the tv.

·
Registered
5,307 Posts
Virtually all sets are like this, regardless of price. In fact most only allow all the settings to be adjusted in one or two of the multiple "picture modes" which are just presets for people who don't want to deal with adjusting thier sets properly to cycle thru in search of what looks best to them.

·
Registered
5,239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by atom5  /t/1415171/answered-my-own-question-or-found-out#post_22123457

Funny how one should read things LOL!

Read the manual, who does that?

In a perfect world, TVs should have multiple customer customizable presets, like my audio preamp, or the BMW that remember individual driver's preference. But NOOOOOoooo TV set vendors are stupid.

Perhaps the much rumoured iTV if we are lucky.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts