AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had any experience with this IR receiver/remote combo?
Antec 30125

I'm having trouble finding reviews on this model except the sole 5 star review on Amazon. My overall impression of these devices is that they're more trouble than they're worth, but it would make my new setup look pretty nice with that display. Doesn't hurt that is only $30.

My goal would be to get it to work with a Logitech 700/Media Portal.

Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I put that in a new build I just did. It works very very well. After having it about two weeks, and tinkering with it, I can tell you..

The software it comes with MUST be running and used in order for the display to work properly. Doesn't work with any other software other than the iMon it comes with. Good software IMO, small footprint.

There are display settings in which it will display details like system info, city info/weather, email, media info, equalizer, and daily news. Then there is an auto mode which does a combo of those things.

The Knob on the front controls volume as well as muting it when you press it. When you hold it you can change what scrolls on the display.

There are many settings to play around with, but when any media gets played on my computer it automatically switches to graphic equalizer.

you can put it on an external or internal usb port, comes with an adapter.

The remote is decent. Circle in the middle is actually a mouse controller.

Thats all I can think of right now.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the IMON software you are referring to run in the background, or is it a stand alone media player?

I'm hoping just to use media portal...if it's not compatible with that, it may not be worth it to me.

·
Registered
9,431 Posts
The display and knob are useless for a HTPC. You will be too far away to read the display and you'll use a remote instead of the knob for volume control.

Your money would be better spent on a simple MCE IR receiver (should be ~$15 shipped).

To use this thing with Media Portal you will have to tinker with it and/or use IR Server Suite. In basic operation the iMon software must be running for the IR receiver to function.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I agree with bryansj. A MCE remote w/IR receiver is a better solution. The Antec display is very bright, unreadable from a living room sitting position, the iMON softwear is annoyng and the buttons on the remote are too small and crammed together. But, I really like the case it came with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.