AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at this case mainly because i was told (and it would be nice if someone can confirm this) that you can turn on your pc from s5 state with the included remote and I have a couple of questions.

http://store.antec.com/Product/enclosure-veris_media/fusion-remote-black/0-761345-15735-3.aspx

1. Can i get confirmation it can in fact turn on pc from s5?

2. Is there any other cases that can do this as well i should be looking at?

3. My main question is with this imon remote. From what i was told i should get an mce remote for xbmc. So if i get an mce remote im just wondering if anyone uses it with this case, and if theres duplication of commands or cross talk between the two? I assume from my limited reading of imon if i set it to something other then mce remote it should not interfere with the mce remote use? And then i can still use the included remote to turn it on from S5?

Thank you in advance if anyone can comment.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
I don't have that case but I do have an Antec IR receiver and I am under the impression they work the same way.

Imon software is required to make the ir receiver work. You set up the buttons on the remote to control different pieces of software. I found that helpful making the prior version(s) of Media Browser work with external players.

In my use, my PC's case leads (for the power button and power LED) are wired into the ir receiver, so that I can power the computer off and on via the remote. Pressing the power button my remote is just like pressing the power button the case.

It came with a remote that seems to operate on it's own ir bandwidth. There is an option in the imon software to chose a WMC remote. I did that when I bought a Harmony remote, and I mapped the Harmony remote to a WMC one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts