AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone used the Antec Multimedia station premier deluxe IR in a system yet?
http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=NzEy

I want to use it but I have been unable to find any decent reviews on it. If anyone has had a chance to try it out, please let me know what you think.

I think this is an interesting product, but it would require a case with 3 external drive bays. 2 for the antec and 1 for a blueray drive.

Which brings up a couple of other questions, anyone know of a good looking desktop case or HTPC case that would have the required 3 bays?

And what about the Imon software, is it worth it?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,402 Posts
I have one in my LianLi big tower. Cool, nice looking device, comes with a cheap LCD though (not VCD).

I use it with no problems with my Harmony Remote. iMedian HD front end is kind of clunky. It took me some time to set it up, GUI is OK (but not up to what you get with 7MC/Media Browser) and navigation is basic. Once setup it simply works with a very snappy playback.

In the end however, and for the price, I would certainly recommend the much cheaper MC/MCE Remote solution, with Media Browser as frontend for instance. The LCD/VCD is nice to look at, or display, but also quite useless or unnecessary. And so with manual controls, knobs, etc., as a remote is a better choice.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can it be made to play nice with MCE instead of the imon software?

I really want the front controls, because what if the remote becomes damaged or lost. I want the option to still use the system until I get a new remote. Besides, when setting things up, it's always easier to use the regular buttons instead of a remote.

I have heard from many people that those screens are pretty, but mostly useless from any distance. But I want it to show presets for over the air radio stations using a tuner card. Can it display that info?

Thanks for your reply!

·
Premium Member
5,402 Posts
It works great with a MCE Remote (I like it better than the iMon).

Haven't tried over the air stations tuning. You may set it up to a specific webcasting station IP/URL (if that's what you want). But I've never used it either.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts