Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Does anyone know if it's possbile to use two antennas pointed in different directions, then use a combiner before the digital reciever? The reason I ask is as many people in Massachusetts know, WGBH is being cheap and doesn't want to broadcast digitally or hdtv. I live in the middle of no where in Central Massachusetts, about 50 - 60 miles west of Boston in the hills. I can pick up with an old directional UHF dish, WCVB, WHDH, WBZ and WHUB with 80 - 100% of the signal depending on conditions, and WFXT with 60 - 80% of the signal, but I think I have a multipath issue since it's usually choppy. I am out of range of WENH unfortunetly, even if I repoint the antenna. However if I point the antenna towards Springfield, and I can get WGBY clean, with 60 - 80% of the signal, and they are transmitting digitally and some hdtv :) When I'm pointed there however, I loose all Boston stations except for an occasional blip on the signal meter of maybe 5%. I was wondering if I could have one antenna pointed towards Boston, and the other towards Springfield and then use a combiner.

Thank,

-Mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.