AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am putting up a Yagi, rotator, Dish 300, and Dish 500 up on my roof. The grounding diagrams I see show individual ground lines running from each wire & antenna to the electrical service ground stake. Can I run just one big ground wire up to my "antenna farm" and connected it to everything up there? The electrical service ground is on the opposite side of the house and I don't want to run 10 ground wires for the various dishes, signal lines, antennas, control lines, etc.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I believe it's do-able, with the the following caveats...You'll have a single point-of-failure on the one downlead, you should keep an eye on it. Since you are aggregating several lines to one, the single downlead should be a larger diameter/lower-guage high-quality wire.

Make sure you weather seal all the outside connections to reduce oxidation / corrosion to keep the system effective longer.

You may consider putting in another ground stake on the close-side of the house, then connecting the two ground rods. Polyphaser is one of the leaders in grounding systems and has equipment and information on "how-to" available.

Good Luck

Scott

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.