AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently living in an apartment(2nd floor), where I get virtually no reception at all. I've tried silver sensor and RS 1892, both didn't work that well. I was looking into DB2, but we do have 3 VHF(9,11,13) which I rather not miss out, and want make sure it would be good enough (for UHF) in first place.

tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29&q=id%3daeade5e0089c63

any suggestions? hopefully I'll get this sorted out before football season start!

· Registered
6,778 Posts
Sounds like you either were overloading the tuners with the amplifiers in teh units or more likely, you have building material problems.

Brick, concrete, stucco, metal siding, hardiplank, metal roofing, or the ultra elusive foiled backed insulation or wall foamboard.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: I got myself DB2-clone, and things are working out better... but not quite enough.

4-1(~50% signal) and 16-1(~70% signal) works great now... but 5-1(NBC, same station as 16-1) seems to work. Well, my TV isn't even catching it in auto-scan.

Any idea why this is happening and is there anything I can do?

Thanks in advance.

· Registered
501 Posts
You didn't mention on which side of the building you are. Obviously the west side would be ideal. If you're on the east side, you're going to have a hard time. Also, if you are on the west side, are there other large buildings, such as another apartment building, blocking your reception to the west?

If you're blocked, try pointing your antenna in different directions, looking for a signal reflected off another building possibly.

-- Kevin

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ross /forum/post/16988322

You didn't mention on which side of the building you are. Obviously the west side would be ideal. If you're on the east side, you're going to have a hard time. Also, if you are on the west side, are there other large buildings, such as another apartment building, blocking your reception to the west?

If you're blocked, try pointing your antenna in different directions, looking for a signal reflected off another building possibly.

-- Kevin

I'm on east side. so yes, it would be harder, although technically, there is nothing in line of sight to major networks.

Question I'm having is this: why does KONG-DT works fine with 70+% signal, when KING-DT is at 0%/no signal, when both are same direction, same distance, and KING-DT has higher power?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.