Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I live in Bozeman, MT, and while our CBS affiliate is putting up a new local tower for their HD broadcasts, our NBC affiliate is broadcasting its digital (currently non-HD) signal from Butte, MT, which is about 70 miles from me.

I've got a Radio Shack powered antenna (round case, about 18" in diameter) which seems to be pulling in the local SDTV channels fairly well, and I'm assuming it will pull in my local CBS HD signal once it's up and running.

However, on good nights, I'm able to pull in the NBC digital signal, but it seems to be on the edge of stable. Last wednesday, for example, the signal quality was pretty solid according to my Sony HD-200; but last night it was spotty at best.

So, I'm wondering what kind of antenna I can put up to bring in that signal more consistently. The channel is 33 (6.1). TitanTV's front-end to antennaweb.org recommends a winegard 88" prostar... I think I'd be ok with something that size up on my roof.

Any good experiences out there?

Thanks!

jason

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
For the most part people recommend the Channel Master 4228 along with either the 7777 or 7775 CM pre-amp. I am using the smaller CM 4221 and 7777 and pull in stations at around 50 miles no problem but everyones conditions are different.

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
Jason, I don't know if you have any mountains in the way, since I know there are some out there! If not, you should have no problems with a Channel Master 4228 mounted in your attic or on the chimney. I couldn't get onto the high part of my roof to get access to my chimney, so I settled for attic mounting and have no problems getting stations that are 54 miles away. I do know of people getting the same stations from farthur away.

Have you tried www.antennaweb.org ?

·
Registered
655 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.