AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of an antenna do you need to receive local network TV HDTV programming with HDTV card such as AccessTV?

Thanks for your replies.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
I don't actually have the Silver Sensor, but I was under the impression it is strictly UHF ? So it will depend whether your local stations are broadcasting on UHF or VHF channels. If VHF, then the Silver Sensor is not the right antenna for you.

------------------

Kirk Ellis

G1000 D-ILA, HTPC, Panamorph (soon I hope),

Dish 6000 (HBOHD,SHOHD,CBS,NBC,ABC,WB,FOX,UPN, KCET -- does it get any better ?)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Here's two antennae I've personally seen work very well:

Terk TV55 $129.95

Terk TV35 $129.95

I'm not sure what the differences are yet.

Depending on where you are, you may get most of the digital locals with something as cheap and simple as an RCA set-top rabbit ears antenna.

------------------

Kevin Gannon

·
Registered
244 Posts
Depending upon your distance, you may want to consider the channel master or Radio shack antennas. I am using a Radio Shack UHF only antenna, cost ~40 bucks and a Channel Master PreAmp and 100ft of RG6. Antenna in the attic, and I am 60+ miles from the transmitters and get all of the local channels with 75+ reception.

Terk antennas are much more expensive and from what Ive heard not worth the money.

maynard

·
Registered
157 Posts
I've seen that most people that have tried TERK antennas think they are a POS. And over priced.

If you are looking for a good relatively small amplified antenna,the Winegard GS-2000 SENSAR if very good. It can be mounted very high on an outdoor mast without guy wire because it is about 3'x 8" x4" in size and weighs about 3 pounds

from www.dishdepot.com

$ 59.95 + $ 9.95 Shipping & Handling

Antenna: Winegard GS-2000 Amplified Bi-Directional

·
Registered
9,884 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Starsaur, Keep in mind that if you buy the AccessDTV card from www.digitalconnection.com (currently the only place that sells it, I THINK), it comes with a silver sensor antenna - widely regarded as one of the best HDTV antennae around.

Good luck!

------------------

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Hi starsaur, this chanal master antenna was rated one of the best for HDTV: http://www.starkelectronic.com/allant.htm

UHF ANTENNAS: CHANNELS 14-83

Pictured below is the CM #4248 DIAMOND QUANTUM I consider it the best UHF tv antenna on the market today. It is priced right, has good gain (apx.14 db), is strong, has much less windload than a parabolic (so it won't pull down every winter) and has VHF feed-thru so you can easily combine the 4248 to any VHF antenna without couplers or joiners and run down one transmission line. The 4247 is a similar smaller antenna for suburban location

PICTURED

CM # 4248 80"LONG FRINGE UHF ANTENNA COST $47.49

NEED MORE GAIN ADD A PRE-AMP like a CM 7775 or Winegard AP4800

best regards artur

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.