AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, I need some help here. I've been lurking around the HDTV Hardware forum for a couple of weeks and want to thank everyone for their comments. They have made the jump into HD much easier.

I am set to have my new D* receiver and dish installed on Saturday ($99 deal, thanks again!) and intend to install an antenna myself. I have an antenna and understand how to point it, etc. My question is how to route the antenna signal to my receivers.

I want to have both the D* signal and the antenna signal delivered to two different receivers. For ease of installation, I would prefer to have one coax entering the house for each receiver. I'm guessing I need a combination of multiswitches and diplexers, but I admit I am a little bit fuzzy about the difference between the two. So, how can I do this? Is it feasible? Will it degrade the signal too much?

Any help is much appreciated.

TM

·
Registered
491 Posts
TM - You will want a 5x8 or 5x4 multiswitch to "combine" the 4 satellite feeds with the 1 OTA antenna feed. You can run a single RG6 cable to each room and then use a diplexer to split the satellite and OTA antenna feeds to their respective inputs. I didn't notice any signal loss, YRMV of course...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.