AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a ChannelMaster 3021 antenna with a Winegard 4800 Preamplifier in my attic. I have a Toshiba HDTV and the RCA DTC-100 HDTV receiver. I ran a RG-6 cable from the antenna to the input of the pre-amp (very Short run), a longer run of RG-6 from the antenna out of the pre-am down to my basement and into the "out to power" plug on the power supply, and another short piece from the "out to Tv" plug in the antenna A input of the DTC-100. With everything connected and plugged in, the red power light does not come on on the pre-amp power supply and I get nothing when I try to so a search of stations in the DTC-100 setup. However, when I take the plug out of the "out to power" plug, the light on the amp's power supply comes on. Any ideas as to what could cause this problem? (A bad amp, a short somewhere?

Also, I disconnected the amp and ran the RG-6 directly form the antenna to the TV and again could not get any stations to be detected. Has anyone else had any problems with this antenna? Any and all help would be a appreciated.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.