AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where I live, the digital stations are all south of me, but my usual analog news channels, etc. are to the north. I have an antenna mounted toward the digital (of course) but would like to also get good results on the northern stations as well (they are scheduled to go digital throughout next year. Can anyone point me in the direction of a device to combine two antenna feeds, if that is possible, without ghosting, etc. problems?

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Have you considered putting a rotator on your mast so you can turn the antenna whichever direction you need ? Will certainly be less trouble than trying to combine antennas.

------------------

You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/csb/facts/otard.html

·
Registered
269 Posts
As Scooper suggests, a rotor is probably the best solution. Combining two antennas is likely to result in multipath problems. (maybe not so much so in table-flat South Florida, but still...)

If you REALLY don't want to go with a rotor, I would consider using a switch - have two antennas but only one connected at a time.

------------------

Doug Smith W9WI

Pleasant View, TN EM66

·
Registered
130 Posts
If your receiver (or STB) has two antenna inputs A and B, set up the south facing antenna and connect it to the A input, and connect the second north facing antenna to the B input. That way you can use your receiver as the switcher.

-Zyg-

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.