AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I forgot the website that you guys have recommended for Antenna Pointing. I did a search, but couldn't find it either. TIA

·
Registered
137 Posts
First, I have to apologize for my ignorance. I went to the www.antennaweb.org and the titantv.com website, and couldn't find any info, except for which type of antenna to use. How do I find out which direction to point it? Also, I'm mounting my antenna in my attic, because my city prohibits rooftop mounts. Any info at all would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the image I get when I fill out the info at antennaweb.org. I can't tell which direction it wants me to point the antenna:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Depending on channels of interest, the vector arrow is the direction the antenna should be pointed, e.g. the arrow points to the direction of the transmission tower.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
The arrows with lots of numbers on them are pointing to ~275° through ~310°. You should be just fine with about a 290° direction for your antenna. You may very well be able to split the difference and not screw around with a rotor. Sure, there are a couple minor channels in other screwy directions, but it's unlikely they are broadcasting (H)DTV.

This only displays the direction to the stations. If you have any mountains, water towers, or tall buildings nearby you may have multipath. Play around with the antenna to get the best reception for all the stations you're interested in. Good luck!

Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.