AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to antennaweb.org, I need a small multidirectional antenna, I am in the yellow zone. Can anyone recomend a good one, and where I can buy one. Thanks

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
I am in the same situation as you are. I got the Zenith one today (bought it with the Zenith 420 STB) and am not overly impressed. I am thinking about trying out a radio shack ant., but they no longer sell the 1862 which is so highly reviewed. Anyone else have any ideas? An attic ant. is out of the question as well as a rooftop.

Dave

·
Banned
3,023 Posts
For yellow or green zones, try a Zenith Silver Sensor antenna - available for under $40 at Sears or Circuit City stores.

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
That is the one I got today and I think i need a signal booster on it. A couple of the channels aren't getting a good lock and they come and go some. Also, does weather affect reception? Northern California is in the middle of a major storm right now.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Radio shack sells an amplified omni for $69 .. its quite good .. has worked everywhere i install them, the key is just getting it above your roof level with a pole .. this suckers zaps in stations from anywhere ..

·
Registered
10,880 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by DonBerg
For yellow or green zones, try a Zenith Silver Sensor antenna...
This may not work if you have VHF digital stations.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by arxaw
This may not work if you have VHF digital stations.
In saildawg's case a UHF antenna will be "iffy" for reception of WXIA-DT channel 10 in Atlanta. Some people have successfully received local VHF high-band channels with antennas designed exclusively for UHF. As they say on the internet, YMMV.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Again .. the $69 omni from Ratshack is designed for green (and therefor yellow zones) and it is uhf/vhf .. the silver sensor is not the be all solution .. i hate directional antennas

·
Registered
7,323 Posts
Are you using this indoors or outdoors? If indoors, can you lay it flat and still get good reception?

Thanks,

Dave

·
Registered
449 Posts
I personally use them outdoors .. but my home and my parents where i use them are vinyl siding .. vinyl siding is murder to indoor signals .. if you have brick, wood or something else it supposedly will work indoors

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.