AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I would say, with digital reception, rotators are important. And, for about $70 I would say they are quite reliable but they do get out of sync more than a person would like. CM 9521a is one I have.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Quote:
Kipp,

The remote controller will not operate the 1245 rotor,only the 1225 model which is the discontinued "clone" of the CM9510.I've tried it-won't work.
It works for me - at least the identical looking channel master CM 9521a box and remote. The only problem I had is that it runs backwards (eg the channels that were previously at 020 are now at 340. I didn't change the rotor because I didn't want to go up in the attic and get all theinsulation all over me again. Just ignored the cautions that it wouldn't work with my version ofthe RS rotor and hooked the wires up in 1-2-3 fashion exactly like they were on the RS box. I realize I could probably fix it by changing the connections but I don't want to screw up and short something. The directions are semi- arbitrary anyway; and I have gotten used to imagining Washington is North instead of South of me and Baltimore is where Frederick MD should be, and Annapolis is in the direction of the Pacific instead of Atlantic.

So now I have a spare CM rotor and a radio shack 1245 box. I would recommend getting the remote version up front unless you are rarely going to fine tune your antenna direction. But if thats the case you don't need a rotor anyway.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.