AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that it looks like from my earlier post I will need to put up a tower and a new antenna I am looking for tower suggestions. My old hose had a traditional three legged model. I am looking for suggestions and pictures of what something less that that would be. My wife is not thrilled with putting up a new three legged tower especially because I am on a corner lot and have great visability from the road to all sides of my house (eyesore to her). I need to be approx 25+/- feet above ground and 12+/- feet above the roof peek which I could support from.

Extension aluminum flag pole?

Fiberglass pole?

Galvanized pipe?

Thanks

·
Registered
19,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEBANSE
Now that it looks like from my earlier post I will need to put up a tower and a new antenna I am looking for tower suggestions. My old hose had a traditional three legged model. I am looking for suggestions and pictures of what something less that that would be. My wife is not thrilled with putting up a new three legged tower especially because I am on a corner lot and have great visability from the road to all sides of my house (eyesore to her). I need to be approx 25+/- feet above ground and 12+/- feet above the roof peek which I could support from.

Extension aluminum flag pole?

Fiberglass pole?

Galvanized pipe?

Thanks
My antenna is at the apex of my roof line on a single story home. The antenna is about 30' from the ground to the antenna top with a rotor. I used three sets of heavy duty guy wires from the antenna pole securely attached to the support beams of the roof. It's been in the same place for 28 years and has withstood heavy wind/rain and summer heat without ever falling down or bending. The antenna is a 28 year old Winegard UHF/VHF 70+ element antenna so it's pretty big. It was installed by a professional antenna installer because there was no way I was getting on top of a ladder on my roof.

·
Banned
1,575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEBANSE
Galvanized pipe?

Thanks
That's what I would choose. Start with the pipe low on the side of the house. Mount the antenna and three loose guys wires. Push up the pipe. Fasten the guy wires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.