AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get reliable way to watch HDTV reception on my projector. I do not DVR. My household barely has time after watching netflix/amazon prime. I am current using one of the older humax that I found on ebay but it is not reliable, has hdmi handshake issues and unit hangs up time to time. I cant find a good reliable tuner..
I found this one today..anyone has any idea on reliability, or branded version of it?
http://www.hdtvsupply.com/antenna-hd-tuner.html

please suggest other solutions. I am leaning towards Channel Master 7500 for now which does have DVR functionality but does not connect to NAS (I have synology).
I had tried simple tv but it only picks up one channel instead of around 12 that I can with humax.

·
Registered
13,347 Posts
I was going to suggest the $40 iView since it seemed that all you wanted was an OTA HDTV tuner.

But then you threw in that bit about connection to a NAS?
Why would you need a simple tuner to connect to a NAS -- unless you are really not looking for a simple HDTV tuner?

What exactly do you want?

Reactions: drriddhish

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
that is sufficient for me. I was simply saying that Tablo/Channel master dont connect to NAS. If they did, I could justify higher cost and may be I will use that through synology video station.
but for my primary needs this looks good
update: bought it..will see how it works for me

1 - 4 of 4 Posts