AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have hooked up my RCA UTV to a Toshiba monitor through a Yamaha HT receiver (UTV S-video out => Video 1 on the Toshiba, UTV composite out => Video 2 on the Toshiba). Works just fine. Also have a second (slave) TV hooked up directly to the UTV's coax "Antenna Out TO TV" jack. That also works fine.

But I have rabbit ears plugged into the coax "Antenna In to TV" jack on UTV, and pressing the "Antenna" button on the remote does nothing. I called UTV, who said that pressing the button should turn off the unit and send the antenna signal to the TV (presumably as a pass-thru).

On my system, pressing the button does NOT turn off the UTV unit, and I can't seem to get antenna signal out of any jack. But if I turn off the UTV unit manually, the antenna signal does come out of the coax jack to the slave TV. Unfortunately, I get a blank screen on the Toshiba via the Yamaha (unless of course I redirect the coax from the slave directly into the Toshiba).

I could use some help with some perplexing questions:

1) What is "normal behavior" for the Antenna button?

2) Any ideas on how to get antenna signal to the Toshiba via the Yamaha?

3) Any ways to test if I have a broken remote, or a dysfunctional UTV receiver, regarding the Antenna button?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
It most likely only passes a signal through with the coax output, not the S-Video...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a similar set up and it works fine. The only problem I have encountered is trying to use the antenna button when watching a recorded show on the main TV. I have to be watching a live TV satellite program on the main TV to get the switch to work and send the antenna to the Remote TV. After the switch is made it stays in pass through mode while you watch a recorded show on the main TV. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.