AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this. I have dtc100. Do i plug antenna into the dtc100 or do i plug antenna into my high definition ready tv to get high definition on locals i live in san diego county ca.

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you have a HDTV tv, not a HDTV READY set, and you are connecting the DTC to your TV with the HD15 (VGA) connector on the back of the DTC, use the DTC unless your internal TV tuner can pull the channels in better. If you aren't using the HD15 connector, use the internal tuner. It's really up to you which you use in this situation

If you are using a HDTV READY set, you will need to use the DTC to get OTA HDTV

-Don

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Unless your HDTV has a built in HDTV tuner, plug the antenna into the DTC-100 to get over the air HDTV broadcasts.

Check out www.antennaweb.org and www.titantv.com to find out who's broadcasting DTV in your area and where to aim your antenna.

------------------

Let me get this straight, this show is hi-def and 5.1, but my local affiliate makes it crappy NTSC and mono?!

·
Registered
437 Posts
hey there I live in Escondido and I'm getting all the digital channels from both san Diego and LA. Yes you need to plug the antenna into your receiver not the TV. After that make sure you have a good antenna (I have a Channel Master 4228a with a 7775 preamp)point it towards the towers and enjoy http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

For more detailed info do a search on "San Diego" in this forum and the HDTV programming forum. There is a bunch of great info that helped me and it can help you too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.