AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a hard time deciding what antenna to get. I am in a fringe area. Most of my channels are all in the 200 degree range. I was planning on using the XG91 but then I saw the HBU44. I know the XG91 is directional and I would say that the HBU44 is as well.

My question is. Is the HBU44 worth the extra money? Not that its a big price difference but a penny saved.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the 91XG will pick up the stations 14-69 better and more clear then the HBU44? The main reason I ask is that if the HBU44 has a 7-69, would it not make more since to just buy the HBU44? Just trying to save some money.

Thank for the reply I appreciate it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
You aren't saving money if the channels the antenna could receive aren't in the VHF-Hi range.

According to your TV Fool report (you did one of these, right?), what channels are in what directions?

The basic is that if you only have UHF in on direction, then why spend more on an antenna that can receive VHF? Optimize your expenses.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngarrang /forum/post/16915231

You aren't saving money if the channels the antenna could receive aren't in the VHF-Hi range.

According to your TV Fool report (you did one of these, right?), what channels are in what directions?

The basic is that if you only have UHF in on direction, then why spend more on an antenna that can receive VHF? Optimize your expenses.

OK roger that. Yes most if not all are UHF and are mostly in a 200 degree direction. So I guess I am 91XG bound.

I still have a lot to learn. Thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
159 Posts
No problem. Better to ask the question than risk buying more than you need. How high up do you think you will be able to mount the antenna? Higher = Better...pretty much all the time. That usually means more cable length, which then means a pre-amp to account for the long cable signal loss.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It will be close to 30 feet in the air and I will buy a CM7777 or something simular. As long as I can get my Football I will be fine. I have had it with paying insane pricing on cable/Sat, when I only watch a few shows.

Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts