Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is a good antennae for OTA HD ?

I live in south Florida, and I'm not even sure what stations here show any HD content....

As far as the antennae goes, does it have to be a big ugly thing ? or do they have some that can attach to a Sat dish ?...

Thanks

Shelly < new to the HD club >

·
Registered
30 Posts
It really depends on your location and how far you are from the transmitter. If you have a good line of site to the transmitter its not too far away you wont need much of an antenna. Unfortunately, it seems to be kind of a trial and error thing to see what will work best for you since it is very dependent on your location. If you do a search on antennas there is a ton of information.

If you have a really strong signal you might be able to get away with a small antenna, if not, you'll need a big ugly one - and that might not even work if there are buildings or hills in the way.

------------------

wayne-o

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Before you commit to any antenna, go to antennaweb.org, click on "choose an antenna" in the upper left hand corner, and fill in your information to get an antenna *type* recommendation. You will be able to make a better decision on an antenna with the info from the site.

·
Registered
987 Posts
Just remember that here in South Florida we have 2 VHF HD channels, so since the frequency is lower than UHF, the antenna will be larger. New HDTV OTA channels are coming out in the next few months, and they will be UHF, so a smallar antenna will be needed.

I have the same delimma. I am waiting for the HDTV OTA UHF channels to come out to try to test different antenna's for the best optimum signals.

This is the most frustrating thing about HDTV!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.