AVS Forum banner

2401 - 2420 of 2482 Posts

·
Registered
Anthem AVM 70, LG 55C7, NAD M27, Apple TV 4K, Auralic Altair G1, OPPO UDP-203, MA Gold, PC13-Ultra
752 Posts
It's interesting that has a sticker with Roon and Spotify on it, my 70 only has one for Chromecast. Does it actually support Spotify Connect and Roon out of the box? Or have they always known it was going to be delayed and would be certified/supported by the time it came out? Or conversely, did they have to change the sticker on the 70 when they arrived at the warehouse to just show Chromecast before they were sent to dealers?

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
It's interesting that has a sticker with Roon and Spotify on it, my 70 only has one for Chromecast. Does it actually support Spotify Connect and Roon out of the box? Or have they always known it was going to be delayed and would be certified/supported by the time it came out? Or conversely, did they have to change the sticker on the 70 when they arrived at the warehouse to just show Chromecast before they were sent to dealers?
same sticker on this avm70....

maybe they ran out of stickers... or had a sticker made for release.... as they rushed it out the door...

·
Registered
688 Posts
The AVM70 has and continues to have a variety of problems. The AVM 90 is vapor. Doesn't exist.
What problems are they. Can you list them for me. As I don't have any problems at all.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
What problems are they. Can you list them for me. As I don't have any problems at all.
can you help answer jsgrise's questions below maybe then ?

Two questions this morning:

1. Is DTS:X Pro enabled/working?
  2. Has anyone tried IMAX Enhanced? Does it bring more adjustment settings? Does it displays IMAX DTS:X in the menu?

·
Registered
688 Posts
can you help answer jsgrise's questions below maybe then ?
I am only running 5.1.4 so don't know about dts pro. I don't have any imax enhanced films. Can you recommend any.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
I am only running 5.1.4 so don't know about dts pro. I don't have any imax enhanced films. Can you recommend any.
probably a few lists around, here's one :)

·
Registered
Sonus faber, Anthem, Monolith and JVC
2,157 Posts
same sticker on this avm70....

View attachment 3113495

maybe they ran out of stickers... or had a sticker made for release.... as they rushed it out the door...
Interesting, it looks like they changed the labels in a new production batch. They also replaced the "HDMI" label with "DTS Virtual X ".

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
The Storm ISP MkII would suit you, or the AVM70/90...
I am interested is Storm, but am really curious about Room Perfect that Lyngdorf uses.

I wonder if McIntosh will make an announcement soon.

·
Registered
Sonus faber, Anthem, Monolith and JVC
2,157 Posts
I am interested is Storm, but am really curious about Room Perfect that Lyngdorf uses.

I wonder if McIntosh will make an announcement soon.
I think any of them would be a great improvement over your Marantz. It will make your Novas shine!

Reactions: liltalkm

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Well I should be getting mine this week, it left Ontario last Monday. I'm confident that Anthem will support their product like they historically always have. I'm just running a simple 7.2 system, more for live hi-rez concert videos than movies, so I don't really care about most of what's been stated as an issue with it. It's like anything, the negatives always get 10 times the press.

Reactions: Yonettes

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
The AVM70 has and continues to have a variety of problems. The AVM 90 is vapor. Doesn't exist.

can assure you at least ONE AVM90 does exist...

below are front and inside shots as proof... it looks almost identical to avm70 inside and out...

- Pictures Omitted -

It's great that you were able to purchase a unit. That's really good news. It nice to know the AVM90 is available for purchase by general consumers and so isn't vapor.

Where and when did you purchase the AVM90? How much stock of AVM90's is available for purchase from that source? If you know, what are other sources of supply of AVM90's for consumer purchase at present.

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
It's great that you were able to purchase a unit. That's really good news. It nice to know the AVM90 is available for purchase by general consumers and so isn't vapor.

Where and when did you purchase the AVM90? How much stock of AVM90's is available for purchase from that source? If you know, what are other sources of supply of AVM90's for consumer purchase at present.
It’s obvious to me that those AVM 90 pics are of an early pre-release unit. Same as the AVM 70 pic that followed.

Reactions: alebonau

·
Registered
5,765 Posts

no i have not purchased a unit. if followed posts here you would know avm90 is not ready for consumer as yet. but it does exist.... at least one... I know off...

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
no i have not purchased a unit. if followed posts here you would know avm90 is not ready for consumer as yet. but it does exist.... at least one... I know off...
To me that's a concept AVM-90.. not the real thing for the consumer.

Reactions: madrac

·
Registered
2,578 Posts

Thanks for the information. The AVM90 will cease being vapor when it is available for general purchase.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
To me that's a concept AVM-90.. not the real thing for the consumer.
not a concept... its out there in the wild ... just as the avm70 was...and got released...whats holding up the avr 90 is bits... if they keep delaying it ...might as well release it with the hdmi 2.1 chipset. see no point releasing it as is and then few months later expect folk to unplug the lot and take all back in again to get done....

if they keep delaying they can also make it actually justify its price..ie genuinely give it something decent under hood worth the extra $5k or double price of the avm70 its supposed to cost as am not seeing that right now in between these models ...

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
not a concept... its out there in the wild ... just as the avm70 was...and got released...whats holding up the avr 90 is bits... if they keep delaying it ...might as well release it with the hdmi 2.1 chipset. see no point releasing it as is and then few months later expect folk to unplug the lot and take all back in again to get done....

if they keep delaying they can also make it actually justify its price..ie genuinely give it something decent under hood worth the extra $5k or double price of the avm70 its supposed to cost as am not seeing that right now in between these models ...
Ok..how's about we call it a prototype. :sneaky:

·
Registered
117 Posts
The book on previous Anthem products is that they release the unit with software...
Last question!! Sorry.
My amps are McIntosh MC252 for the fronts, and MC126 for the center and the rears leaving me with 2 channels open.
I’m thinking about selling my MC252 and getting and Anthem MCA 525 Gen 2 because it matches the AVM 70, it’s a 5 channel amp, and then it will free up the MC126 to take care of 4 Atmos speakers, I will do 5.2.4.
Am I crazy to sale my MC252? It’s only two channels, but it has autoformers and puts out at least 252 watts in to my B&W 803 Diamonds.
McIntosh can alway be repair in the future, and they don’t loose value, it’s actually worth more now than what I paid for.
Anthem MCA 525 Gen 2 (225w x 5, new release for 2020, but 2 levels under Anthems flagship) vs MC252. What do you think?

2401 - 2420 of 2482 Posts