AVS Forum banner

2421 - 2440 of 2482 Posts

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Am I crazy to sale my MC252? It’s only two channels, but it has autoformers and puts out at least 252 watts in to my B&W 803 Diamonds.
mc and b&w make for a great match... this is a one heck of an amplifier and frankly i wouldn't be selling it ... will only likely loose whats it worth and pay more if buying again !

·
Registered
117 Posts
mc and b&w make for a great match... this is a one heck of an amplifier and frankly i wouldn't be selling it ... will only likely loose whats it worth and pay more if buying again !
That is what I’m afraid of, to miss the mc252.
With what I have now I can do 5.2.4 set up.
If I sell the mc252 and get the anthem, I would have a total of 11 channels and do a 7.2.4.
Maybe I should keep what I have and later on get a stereo amp to add two more Atmos?
Thank you.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
That is what I’m afraid of, to miss the mc252.
With what I have now I can do 5.2.4 set up.
If I sell the mc252 and get the anthem, I would have a total of 11 channels and do a 7.2.4.
Maybe I should keep what I have and later on get a stereo amp to add two more Atmos?
Thank you.
that makes more sense... mc amps do come up, i would keep a look out and if something comes up in your budget grab it :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,
I’m wondering, as I'm French I spend a lot of time in the French forums. And there are a lot of discussions now in the thread of the AVM 70. They are saying that the basis of the Arcam/Audiocontrol/JBL and Anthem AVM 70 are the same because the inside looks like the same.
Have you heard about that?

·
Registered
Sonus faber, Anthem, Monolith and JVC
2,157 Posts
Hi,
I’m wondering, as I'm French I spend a lot of time in the French forums. And there are a lot of discussions now in the thread of the AVM 70. They are saying that the basis of the Arcam/Audiocontrol/JBL and Anthem AVM 70 are the same because the inside looks like the same.
Have you heard about that?
Arcam and JBL are both Harman's, the others are different.

·
Registered
7 Posts

·
Registered
Sonus faber, Anthem, Monolith and JVC
2,157 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
this is what i'm saying on the other forum... but still I'm confused :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
Very different to my eyes
The HDMI boards look identical (OSD fonts and sizing is all the same too). I suspect they just share the same OEM for the HDMI board as the DAC and Streaming sections look very different. They both use the same TI DSP but since there are only two 16 channel DSPs to pick from that doesn't say much.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ah, I see. Maybe.
I too like having the option to look at the screen at times to check the audio source and format, but not very often. To start flipping pages is a bit cumbersome.
It's not a deal breaker for me, but these kind of design choices annoy me. I thought the old MRX XX20s looked a lot better tbh. There is a widely used industry of focus groups, it makes you wonder why it's not used when designing such products. Certainly with the online presence of potential customers, why not get some feedback on design choices?
I thought I was the only one who liked the look of the MRX series more. I almost purchased the 60 over the 70 for that reason. I purchased the 70 because of better sound quality.

·
Registered
645 Posts
So sent a arc tweak to my 70 and now it does not see any input. Analog or digital. It sees the input but says nothing is there! I’ve tried a hard reset 3 times same issue. Any ideas?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I've just ordered an AVM 70. Just a quick question for people who has opened it up... :)
How many AKM4490 DACs are included to manage the 15.2 channels (17 in total)? From what I can understand each 4490 manages 2 channels... so are there 9 DACs to load 18 channels?
Can two (or more) of these DACs be used in monaural mode, for best stereo musical rendering, so to improve the S/N from 120 to 123db? (as from AKM specs sheet)
I would have waited the AVM 90, but is coming out too late and... wow so much more expensive than the AVM70 for having "only" a 4490-4499 difference and a couple of subs more (that I wouldn't have space for).
Thanks

·
Registered
4,375 Posts
I've just ordered an AVM 70. Just a quick question for people who has opened it up... :)
How many AKM4490 DACs are included to manage the 15.2 channels (17 in total)? From what I can understand each 4490 manages 2 channels... so are there 9 DACs to load 18 channels?
Can two (or more) of these DACs be used in monaural mode, for best stereo musical rendering, so to improve the S/N from 120 to 123db? (as from AKM specs sheet)
I would have waited the AVM 90, but is coming out too late and... wow so much more expensive than the AVM70 for having "only" a 4490-4499 difference and a couple of subs more (that I wouldn't have space for).
Thanks
Like ALL Prepros the AVM70 is nowhere near the performance of its DAC:
Anthem® | A/V Processor | AVM 70 | Specifications
A-Weighted SNR is at 110dB so you would see <1dB improvement at best and only in one channel so I highly doubt they implemented it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thinking about this AMV70 for a while and, as I already have brand family speakers, I just wonder if I would be able to see night a day effect when I replace my AllInOne DENON 7200 by an AVM70 + 2 x MCA 525? Just want to make sure it is worth it.. 12K CAD is not cheap change... Will have have to bring new electrical line(s) to really power/enjoy this new setup, today I have all devices plugged on same line.

I mostly listen to SACD, stream FLAC or other format with DLNA, stream movie on FlixNet, Sidney and Manozan...Today I enjoy Auro3D with a 5.1.4 setup...and yes I know Auro3D is missing on the AMV70 !!!!! but I could go for a 9.1.X when I change my room in one or two years.

Waiting for your comments...

·
Registered
12 Posts
You will likely love your new setup. You sound like you need convincing but you have already decided that you want it. I had to bring in dedicated 20amp lines when my new SVS subwoofer kept dimming the room lights. You could—incrementally increase your system—by using preouts from the denon to one MCA525.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You sound like you need convincing but you have already decided that you want it.
... hmmm... no sure... If the AMV90 pass the WAF then I might go for it...and I might just buy all in one to get best buddy discount from my fav shop.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Hi all. Sorry if this has been asked before, but has anyone here moved to an Anthem from a Marantz pre-pro?
I have an AV7703, and am curious to know if what real differences I'd expect with an AVM 70.
(I'm running Balanced out to very accurate powered speakers)
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all. Sorry if this has been asked before, but has anyone here moved to an Anthem from a Marantz pre-pro?
I have an AV7703, and am curious to know if what real differences I'd expect with an AVM 70.
(I'm running Balanced out to very accurate powered speakers)
Thanks in advance.
Expect a lot of glitches

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, in the process of acquiring the AVM70 and was curious what music streaming service people are using? Coming from Marantz, there appeared to be more options i.e HEOS and this allowed me to use Prime Music. Does Anthem have a similar interface ( I am assuming no)?. Because I already use Sonos within the house, was wondering if the Sonos Port would be a good solution to tie it all in to the same environment. Does anyone use the Sonos Port as a solution?

2421 - 2440 of 2482 Posts