AVS Forum banner

2441 - 2460 of 2482 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Hi all. Sorry if this has been asked before, but has anyone here moved to an Anthem from a Marantz pre-pro?
I have an AV7703, and am curious to know if what real differences I'd expect with an AVM 70.
(I'm running Balanced out to very accurate powered speakers)
Thanks in advance.
I've had marantz 7705 and much prefer the AVM70.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all, in the process of acquiring the AVM70 and was curious what music streaming service people are using? Coming from Marantz, there appeared to be more options i.e HEOS and this allowed me to use Prime Music. Does Anthem have a similar interface ( I am assuming no)?. Because I already use Sonos within the house, was wondering if the Sonos Port would be a good solution to tie it all in to the same environment. Does anyone use the Sonos Port as a solution?
I was faced with this dilemma too. Then I was relieved to discover Denon makes a HEOS Link2 for $350 (Crutchfield). Just use this like you would for your internal Marantz HEOS.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
I have the AV8805, so I am curious what’s much better with the AVM70?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
apart from auro3D you will also miss being able to do DTS-X pro fully... yet to see any comment of support for Ch or Ts(VOG) and not sure if this will ever be enabled. dual subwoofers EQ doesnt work and apparently the subwoofer for Imax on the anthem doesnt work ! though like the centre speaker not working bug am sure will eventually rectify this. however all which are not a problem with av8805 :)

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
apart from auro3D you will also miss being able to do DTS-X pro fully... yet to see any comment of support for Ch or Ts(VOG) and not sure if this will ever be enabled. dual subwoofers EQ doesnt work and apparently the subwoofer for Imax on the anthem doesnt work ! though like the centre speaker not working bug am sure will eventually rectify this. however all which are not a problem with av8805 :)
I see you picked up on my Center Height convo in the AV8805 thread - I appreciate it! I'm casually looking around for an alternative processor since I'm not happy with Audyssey.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
I see you picked up on my Center Height convo in the AV8805 thread - I appreciate it! I'm casually looking around for an alternative processor since I'm not happy with Audyssey.
Have you got the ap for audyssey as should be able to dial in what want... no bbc dip or no rolled off top end or only eq certain freq and such

otherwise looking at storm, lyngdorf, acurus or Trinov in my opinion ... both anthem and arcam are a bugfest !

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Have you got the ap for audyssey as should be able to dial in what want... no bbc dip or no rolled off top end or only eq certain freq and such

otherwise looking at storm, lyngdorf, acurus or Trinov in my opinion ... both anthem and arcam are a bugfest !
Yeah, I have the app. Just doesn't like it - I turn it off most of the time. Would like to stay below $5k for a processor so I'm not sure about the others... Haven't tried the Monolith unit but I'm not sure about that one...

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
Yeah, I have the app. Just doesn't like it - I turn it off most of the time. Would like to stay below $5k for a processor so I'm not sure about the others... Haven't tried the Monolith unit but I'm not sure about that one...
ah yes monolith.... yes this as well gets a good rap. not sure if can buy to try...as might be only way to find out... re audyssey, can understand if not your flavour... plenty of posts here where folk say they dont like arc and turn it off... there are others i know dont like room perfect for instance... or even using mini dsp that they say compresses to take life out and kills sound stage and such...

but eq should only ever be final touch to pull everything together... add little...so if its doing a lot or expecting a lot ...id look back at room and setup... :) anyways will leave it there as tis is all probably off topic to this thread :)

·
Registered
35 Posts

Please elaborate on the anthem is a bugfest comment. I've had an avm70 in my stack for a few weeks now. Works flawlessly. Nearly as well as the avm60 it replaced.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
I am an actual owner though.
If the "bugfest" was as bad as you say I'd probably be more aware of them don't you think?
you re totally welcome to disregard actual other owner's feedback been posted here and welcome to go along with what ever you feel is appropriate for yourself. its a free world :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Expect a lot of glitches
Like ?
Hi all. Sorry if this has been asked before, but has anyone here moved to an Anthem from a Marantz pre-pro?
I have an AV7703, and am curious to know if what real differences I'd expect with an AVM 70.
(I'm running Balanced out to very accurate powered speakers)
Thanks in advance.
I went from an av7702mk2 to an avm60 to an avm70.. I regret NOTHING. Avm70 has been excellent.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Like ?

I went from an av7702mk2 to an avm60 to an avm70.. I regret NOTHING. Avm70 has been excellent.
I agree mine is sounding amazing and working. There is a few bugs but nothing major.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
@exm the rmc-1 is supposed to nice, take a look in these forum classifieds, you might find yourself an early xmas gift :)
that's cruel, recommending an Emotiva processor........multi-year bugfeasts with each one they've released and to best of my knowledge never get them close to right...just release a new model

Reactions: alebonau

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
that's cruel, recommending an Emotiva processor........multi-year bugfeasts with each one they've released and to best of my knowledge never get them close to right...just release a new model
agree... wouldn't wish on anyone... just sets up to be living on hope and prayer it will one day come good :D

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
you re totally welcome to disregard actual other owner's feedback been posted here and welcome to go along with what ever you feel is appropriate for yourself. its a free world :)
I’m another actual owner, two months in now. I had one minor issue with setup in the web UI. I haven’t had to touch it since aside from running ARC a few weeks back and adjusting volume. It’s been great and noticeably better than the Denon it replaced.

I’m fully aware of various issues owners have brought up. Most are edge cases, a few are actual hardware issues, and some just don’t like what ARC decides or whatever related to their taste. It’s far from a perfect launch but most seem pretty happy with it.

When I read comments on here like “expect a bug fest” from non-owners it just sounds like they have an axe to grind, or perhaps some sort of loyalty to another brand.

·
Read the FAQ!
35,739 Posts
It's also pretty normal folks with problems are more likely to post than folks without problems. Happens in every hardware thread, and tends to bias the early reports because other posters don't yet have easy "fixes" to pass on to them.

What's more concerning is the folks with problems who have not had their problem resolved by Anthem. Either there are issues Anthem really has to fix (for the problem usage cases) or Anthem has not yet figured out what user error is triggering the problem -- i.e., the "no easy fixes yet" mentioned above.
--Bob

2441 - 2460 of 2482 Posts