AVS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often does Anthem release new processors ?

Do they follow some kind of release cadence ? AVM60 was shown in 2015 according to first post in the official AVM60 thread, that's almost 4 years ago.

Do you think there will be a followup processor with HDMI 2.1 presented at CES or anytime soon? Not that I need HDMI 2.1 but I rather get the latest and greatest if possible.

When Anthem replaces the AVM60 what new features do you think the replacement will have?

·
Registered
7,028 Posts
Even though the AVM60 thread started around May 2015 they weren't released until around December 2015 or January 2016. It seems like Anthem has been on a 3 year release schedule for their receivers since their receiver line the MRX x00, x10 & x20 series. The AVM60 was released along with the MRX x20 receivers and we might see a new AVM and MRX later this year. No way to tell for sure and I don’t think anyone has heard anything about a replacement for the AVM60 or x20 receivers yet.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Even though the AVM60 thread started around May 2015 they weren't released until around December 2015 or January 2016. It seems like Anthem has been on a 3 year release schedule for their receivers since their receiver line the MRX x00, x10 & x20 series. The AVM60 was released along with the MRX x20 receivers and we might see a new AVM and MRX later this year. No way to tell for sure and I don’t think anyone has heard anything about a replacement for the AVM60 or x20 receivers yet.
A year later. Any word on a replacement for the AVM60?

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
Even though the AVM60 thread started around May 2015 they weren't released until around December 2015 or January 2016. It seems like Anthem has been on a 3 year release schedule for their receivers since their receiver line the MRX x00, x10 & x20 series. The AVM60 was released along with the MRX x20 receivers and we might see a new AVM and MRX later this year. No way to tell for sure and I don’️t think anyone has heard anything about a replacement for the AVM60 or x20 receivers yet.
A year later. Any word on a replacement for the AVM60?
Waiting for HDMI 2.1 and ATSC 3.0 to be fully available, I'm sure.

That along with 15.1 channel capability.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
^ ^ ^

And 8k passthru...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any News?

Looking to upgrade from A Yamaha RX-V3900 AV receiver to an AV Processor only. Anthem AVM60 on my list of potential but like many I am sure I would like to know if worth waiting for a new model as it is now 5 years old.

Alternatively I was thinking of buying a NAD M17 v1 (used) wait for the release of a new HDMI module compatible with 8k...

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
Looking to upgrade from A Yamaha RX-V3900 AV receiver to an AV Processor only. Anthem AVM60 on my list of potential but like many I am sure I would like to know if worth waiting for a new model as it is now 5 years old.

Alternatively I was thinking of buying a NAD M17 v1 (used) wait for the release of a new HDMI module compatible with 8k...

Rumors of possibly later this year, or next. If you're not desperate, might want to wait. I wouldn't worry about 8K....

·
Registered
4 Posts
8k content will not be significant before several years. I was just thinking that with the NAD v1 option which only support hdmi 1.4 so not even 4k, if one has to upgrade the hdmi module might as well wait until the current one is upgraded to 8k for long term future proofing. As with the Anthem to know when it is out could give a chance to pick one of the last one at a very discounted price (cheapest currently is just under £2,600). If going for the new one avm 70? It would be something i keep for well over the next decade so 8k might be handy although i doubt a native 8k projector at the £1000 is around the corner lol.

·
Premium Member
624 Posts

I have a friend that's a dealer - he thinks it will be released by end of the year. Covid ruined everything, so it could be pushed. I think it would have already been announced had this pandemic not happened. The rumor is that HDMI 2.1/8K passthrough/etc but it will take on the design of the STR lineup. I believe there are images online somewhere of test units. now, if those are going to be the final design is anybodies guess, but it would make sense? I am so close to buying an avm60 to try ARC versus Audyssey...but waiting another 1-2 months to see what kind of announcement they make, if any.

Reactions: DJ LP

·
Registered
4 Posts
Researching how to best upgrade I realised that hand in hand with the hardware, the room correction is as important as no setup is perfect. In that respect all tester pointed that ARC (Anthem) and Dirac Live (Arcam, NAD, ) were far more sophisticated and superior than alternative competitors. One other thing they seem to do well is to integrate subwoofer better with the rest of the setup. Eventhough the latest incarnation of the competitors have improved

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
Researching how to best upgrade I realised that hand in hand with the hardware, the room correction is as important as no setup is perfect. In that respect all tester pointed that ARC (Anthem) and Dirac Live (Arcam, NAD, ) were far more sophisticated and superior than alternative competitors. One other thing they seem to do well is to integrate subwoofer better with the rest of the setup. Eventhough the latest incarnation of the competitors have improved

One reason why I went Anthem - for ARC. I have a challenging space, so I needed all the help I could get! Some do prefer not running ARC in their spaces and leave it off. In my space, the difference with ARC is very obvious. Great improvement, so I do run with ARC applied. The new units should have separate subwoofer EQ rather than multiple subs as one. Current ARC seems to be capable of this, but only on the STRs, not AVM or MRX. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong. So, that'll be a nice add.

·
Premium Member
6,818 Posts
Have there been amy more rumours on the replacement yet?

Rumors, yes. But they are still just that! There are claims something will be released this year, there are claims it won't be until next year. Only Anthem knows. Believe NOTHING until you see it, or until Anthem and only Anthem makes an official announcement, and then believe it when you see it. :) I's guessing something is close, but Covid-19 has offset original plans for a new release.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a friend that's a dealer - he thinks it will be released by end of the year. Covid ruined everything, so it could be pushed. I think it would have already been announced had this pandemic not happened. The rumor is that HDMI 2.1/8K passthrough/etc but it will take on the design of the STR lineup. I believe there are images online somewhere of test units. now, if those are going to be the final design is anybodies guess, but it would make sense? I am so close to buying an avm60 to try ARC versus Audyssey...but waiting another 1-2 months to see what kind of announcement they make, if any.
I have the Denon AVR538ci receiver and I'm using a Rotel RB-1095 power amp. I'm so close to getting the AVM60 as well. I don't want to purchase one if a new model is on the horizon either. Only thing missing from the AVM60 for me is being able to play music from a thumb drive. I definitely want to try ARC.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts