AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a breif summary on the Secrets of Home Theater site about the new Anthem D1 processor and the Channel 5 amp. Anyone have any further information such as pricing and features?

Secrets summary

They said upgraded electronics from the AVM20 (which I was thinking about getting). Thanks.

Dave

·
Registered
634 Posts
If you were thinking about the AVM20 because it is around your budget price point, I'd stick with the AVM20, or consider a Parasound C2 or Rotel 1098, or some other comparable unit. The Anthem D1 will retail for around $6000, which puts it in a much higher price bracket.

The AVM20 is an excellent pre/pro!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh, that is a little more that I was planning. I don't really need a new processor but my old Sony 444ES is looking dated and I'm in the process of upgrading my entire system a piece at a time.

The only thing that is keeping me from getting something like the AVM20 or the B&K reference 50 is the HDTV transition as well as firewire being added with SACD and DVD-A beginning to grow. I would like something that can do DVI (HDCP or HDMI) switching. I know this is really new so it'll take time for this to happen.

Is the D1 supposed to add some of these features?

Dave

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
By the time these formats become standard, something new and better will be looming on the horizon. The AVM20 is a very good piece right now, and the software updates have kept it at the top of its game for the past 2 years. I thought of the new D1, but DTS 24/96 processing is the only thing that may push me that way. All of the other features I have read about are already being done just fine in the AVM20. I look forward to auditioning one at my local retailer sometime, but it will take a real 'knock me over' experience to convince me to upgrade.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Hi,

I agree with everyone above about the AVM20. As for the firewire, Anthem/SFI has been keeping a close eye on this. I e-mailed Nick links to the new DVD players with firewire (Denon DVD-5900 and Pioneer Elite DV-59AVi), and they are aware of the number of new players with this. They are also keeping tabs on DVI versus HDMI before making an upgrade available. The AVM20 has a space on the back panel (and internally) covered with a metal plate awaiting this upgrade. I'm not sure if DVI/HDMI switching will be available.

Ken

·
Registered
162 Posts
Here is the response I received from Sonic Frontiers (Anthem) today with regards to the new "Statement" Products

Hi David

Thanks for your email and interest in our upcoming Statement Series

As we haven't put a date in stone yet, I can offer you some of the features

that will be available....

STATEMENT D1:

4 component video inputs and 2 component video outputs

Improved ADC's/DAC's/Input receivers

2 Motorola DSP's

Upsampling to 24/192

DTS 96/24 complete with bass management control

Faceplate with vacuum fluorescent display

Higher quality internal parts in analog path

More memory for future upgrades

Rack mountable version to be available

Approximate retail price slated for $6000us

STATEMENT 2/5:

325w @ 8ohms

1100w @ 1ohm

90lbs/150lbs

Monoblock design

Circuit breakers instead of fuses(not in the signal path)

Approximate retail price slated for $3000/$6000us

More details will be available as the release date gets closer. Visit our

website from time to time for more updates.

If you have any other questions with regards to any other Anthem products,

please don't hesitate to contact us directly

Best Regards

Frank Pugliano

Anthem AV (Sonic Frontiers Intl)

205 Annagem Blvd

Mississauga, On

L5T 2V1

Canada

905 362 0958

905 564 4642
Www.anthemav.com