AVS Forum banner

45241 - 45260 of 45307 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Go ahead and set both to flat.

Unrelated to the sub settings, but if you still find it bright increase room gain.

When you change the cutoff frequency for the mains in the ARC software it usually moves the crossover frequency in the Anthem speaker setup menu to match. (You should not touch anything in this menu or you will break the ARC solution.) Like Bob said there is probably no point in lowering the cutoff if you have a good sub. This will put more bass requirement in your mains and yes, to answer your question, it will send less to the sub. It won’t affect the LFE channel; that always goes entirely to the sub.

In my system lowering the mains cutoff actually had the opposite effect I was expecting: it made the bass more boomy instead of tighter.
Thanks for the reply.

When you say "(You should not touch anything in this menu or you will break the ARC solution.)" which menu shouldn't I touch? The one I was referring to? The one you mentioned had exact opposite results?

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Thanks for the reply.

When you say "(You should not touch anything in this menu or you will break the ARC solution.)" which menu shouldn't I touch? The one I was referring to? The one you mentioned had exact opposite results?

If you’re using the ARC Software to upload settings to the Anthem, do not mess with the settings in the Anthem speaker setup menu.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Well I thought I was ready to be done with my D2v and tried my hand with a Denon 4k receiver. Needless to say I was disappointed royally in the Denon and it is going back. Now I have to decide if I want continue with the D2v or look at other processor options. Seems like the only thing that will keep me sane is to get an HDFury Vertex so I can have proper 4k and HDR signals as I use Kodi as my main source for movies plus my PC games go through the D2v currently.

I tried to live with the optical audio output from my 950G to the D2v, but that isn't going to cut it. So anyone have an suggestions or should I just spring for an HDFury Vertex until my next processor upgrade?

·
Registered
719 Posts
HD Fury is best bet.
Next would be a used Anthem AVR to use as a preprocessor.

I'm really tempted to get an HD Fury and 4k HDMI switch and go back to my MRX-300 (only 4 HDMI and no 4k),

·
Registered
831 Posts
Question,

I have a D1 with the ANthem ARC kit.

If I were to buy a D2V without the ARC kit, would I be able to use the mic from the D1? If so, how would this work since it appears the mic is matched to the D1?

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Question,

I have a D1 with the ANthem ARC kit.

If I were to buy a D2V without the ARC kit, would I be able to use the mic from the D1? If so, how would this work since it appears the mic is matched to the D1?

The D2v should come with an ARC kit, unless they lost it or decided to keep it.

But your mic only needs to be matched to its calibration file, which you already have installed with your current ARC software. You should be able to run your software and have it connect to the D2v and your old mic without changing anything.

·
Registered
831 Posts
The D2v should come with an ARC kit, unless they lost it or decided to keep it.

But your mic only needs to be matched to its calibration file, which you already have installed with your current ARC software. You should be able to run your software and have it connect to the D2v and your old mic without changing anything.
Thanks for the information, as I mentioned it does not come with it

·
Registered
831 Posts
I am upgrading my D1 to a D2V. Is there any way to export all my existing settings? I assume I can just upload my last room correction to the D2V as the measurements wouldn't be any different from the D1. Is that correct? But can I save anything else?

·
Registered
831 Posts
I am upgrading my D1 to a D2V. Is there any way to export all my existing settings? I assume I can just upload my last room correction to the D2V as the measurements wouldn't be any different from the D1. Is that correct? But can I save anything else?
The answer is NO!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I had a lightening strike on my outdoor antennae. I think the current went through the FM coax and into the hdmi input on the d2v. I get no picture or sound using the dvd player. I get sound on the FM radio though. I was checking the hdmi cables and the connector on the #1 input was hot to the touch. The cable is used only on the audio out from the Oppo 203. The dvd player probably needs repair but Im going to try a known good player and see what happens. Wondering if doing a reset would help or do I need service?

·
Read the FAQ!
35,479 Posts
I had a lightening strike on my outdoor antennae. I think the current went through the FM coax and into the hdmi input on the d2v. I get no picture or sound using the dvd player. I get sound on the FM radio though. I was checking the hdmi cables and the connector on the #1 input was hot to the touch. The cable is used only on the audio out from the Oppo 203. The dvd player probably needs repair but Im going to try a known good player and see what happens. Wondering if doing a reset would help or do I need service?
Odds are it needs service. But if you are very lucky you can cure this by doing a re-install of the firmware (which also requires a Reset).

Also swap out the HDMI cables.
—Bob

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Thanks Bob. I tested the dvd player on another source and it's good, but the inputs on the projector won't receive a signal. I by-passed the Anthem and went straight from a source to the projector and I get nothing. I'll be sending that in for a repair. I'll try reinstalling the firmware and swapping cables. At least the ATI amp didn't take a hit. I ran the ghost noise from the Anthem and the sound came through all the speakers.

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
I think the current went through the FM coax and into the hdmi input on the d2v. I get no picture or sound using the dvd player. I get sound on the FM radio though. I was checking the hdmi cables and the connector on the 1 input was hot to the touch.

Not clear but I assume you tried different HDMI inputs?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Yes I did. I think I used #1 through #4 . I also bypassed the Anthem and went straight to the projector with no results. I also didn't get sound with anything when using the Anthem.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Odds are it needs service. But if you are very lucky you can cure this by doing a re-install of the firmware (which also requires a Reset).

Also swap out the HDMI cables.
—Bob
I haven't done any firmware re-installs since the 1.33 version. Do go to the Anthem site and download the version 3.10? I did the 3D upgrade a few years ago so it already has the 3.10. I so just do a re-install correct?

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Ken since you have a 3D model with the HDMI mezzanine board please try inputs 5-8. There is a small chance only 1-4 are fried.

You can download 3.10 and reinstall firmware if you want but I would first try factory reset and then redo SOURCE SETUP.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Ken since you have a 3D model with the HDMI mezzanine board please try inputs 5-8. There is a small chance only 1-4 are fried.

You can download 3.10 and reinstall firmware if you want but I would first try factory reset and then redo SOURCE SETUP.
I reset the factory defaults and ran some tests. Hdmi [URL=https://www.avsforum.com/forum/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=1]#1 -[/URL] #4 don't work. Hdmi #5- #8 work. HDMI #1 Output works but #2 HDMI Output doesn't. When I try to access the setup menu by pressing the menu and sub buttons for 3 seconds it doesn't work, but pressing the status button the Anthem does.

After doing all the mentioned things I thought I might as well try re-loading the firmware v3.10. Said it successfully uploaded but now all the above don't work.

I think I'll be calling Anthem in the morning and arrange to send it in.

45241 - 45260 of 45307 Posts