AVS Forum banner

45281 - 45300 of 45307 Posts

·
Read the FAQ!
35,479 Posts
Hello,

question, is it possible to use rca and xlr connections mixed with the d2v3d? I currently have all my power amsp and subs connected with RCA. But i have bought a pro cinema subwoofer with an external power amp that only has xlr and trs inputs. So question is, should i use rca to xlr, rca to trs connectors or i can use XLR connection straight into the power amp? What would be the most beneficial ?

Regards
Peter
You can use XLR to the Sub. Be sure to check the Sub's own volume level is set correctly. Use a calibration track and an SPL meter.
--Bob

·
Registered
11 Posts
Oh learned ones, Help.
I have my HTPC connected via hdmi, the desk top is too large for the screen. I've searched and can't find how to reduce the size to fit the screen.
Hoping someone can help me out.
Thanks

·
Registered
Anthem D2v, LG C7 OLED, NAD M27
592 Posts
Oh learned ones, Help.
I have my HTPC connected via hdmi, the desk top is too large for the screen. I've searched and can't find how to reduce the size to fit the screen.
Hoping someone can help me out.
Thanks
Do you mean overscan? Like there is a border missing around your desktop? What kind of TV do you have?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Yes over scan. HTPC hdmi to Anthem then HDMI to projector
You still didn't say what OS.

You need to adjust the PC setting to the correct size. How you do that depends on the OS.

Neither the display nor the preprocessor have screen size adjustments. (Old CRT monitors did but I haven't seen such in digital(LCD/LED) displays)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for jump starting my brain, it's a computer display issue. Found the screen adjustment reduced H and V to 60% and I'm good to go.
All the best

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hi guys,

The last time I did an ARC measurement in my room was almost 3 years ago, so thought it's high time I do another one. Connected up everything, zero my FL and Sub, set noise level to 75dB, and started the program. It found my D2v3D alright, but then keep telling me "Measurement procedure failed - Failed to initialize audio capture device."

Can anybody advise me what is happening? Is something broken in my D2v3D? Thanks.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Capture device would be the microphone.
Sounds like your computer isn't seeing the mic.

Is this the same computer you used 3yrs ago?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Capture device would be the microphone.
Sounds like your computer isn't seeing the mic.

Is this the same computer you used 3yrs ago?
Ok, I just remembered that I turned off the microphone app permission in the PC Privacy Settings. Turned it on and everything is fine now.

Thanks for jolting my memory. I needed that. :D

·
Registered
651 Posts
ARC calibration help

Can someone help me analyze these latest ARC results? Also, any suggestions for a music mode and what parameters I should tweak? Thanks!
Did some reading and found a post from Bob Pariseau about music mode which says basically ARC does exactly the same as Movie and only use to add/remove speaker settings if needed. Since I also listen to MCH music I will leave them the same.

One thing that is interesting is the subwoofer xover at 120Hz...the other at 60Hz and 65Hz seem ok. I will have to dig up an older calibration and compare but I thought it was at a lower point last time...

I guess everyone has moved to Genesis ;-)

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Your graphs look good except for the sub. I would move it around and use the Quick Measure for the best spot. Try to get as close to the green line in your chart.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Your graphs look good except for the sub. I would move it around and use the Quick Measure for the best spot. Try to get as close to the green line in your chart.
Thanks I really appreciate your response on a super old thread! Do you think adding a second sub would help here in addition to placement. Thx again...

·
Registered
2,603 Posts
Thanks I really appreciate your response on a super old thread! Do you think adding a second sub would help here in addition to placement. Thx again...

You might be at the limits of your sub but the LFE could use a stronger response at 20Hz. My old sub had worse peaks than yours and much less upper-bass energy than yours, so I switched it with two new subs and it’s been great ever since. The room still causes some fundamental peaks and valleys no matter where I put the subs.

That extra upper-bass is not a bad thing. ARC is having no problem rolling it off and that is what the 120Hz LPF filter is for (not HPF). So the 120 is a good sign that ARC likes your sub and you’re getting the full bandwidth of the LFE channel, except for the reduced subsonics.

Assuming your sub is up to task and you manage to gain some more LFE via placement, in the Advanced window you can set the Subwoofer HPF to FLAT instead of Auto. This prevents ARC from rolling off the subsonics.

Any tweaks like this can be made in one memory (movie or music) while preserving the original ARC settings in the other memory. The beauty is you don’t have to remeasure, just recalculate after tweaking and upload.

Bob’s posts were assuming ARC knows best and you would never want to second-guess ARC settings and tweak! Just remember to go into SOURCE SETUP and select the Movie/Music EQ as the mood strikes.

·
Registered
651 Posts
You might be at the limits of your sub but the LFE could use a stronger response at 20Hz. My old sub had worse peaks than yours and much less upper-bass energy than yours, so I switched it with two new subs and it’s been great ever since. The room still causes some fundamental peaks and valleys no matter where I put the subs.

That extra upper-bass is not a bad thing. ARC is having no problem rolling it off and that is what the 120Hz LPF filter is for (not HPF). So the 120 is a good sign that ARC likes your sub and you’re getting the full bandwidth of the LFE channel, except for the reduced subsonics.

Assuming your sub is up to task and you manage to gain some more LFE via placement, in the Advanced window you can set the Subwoofer HPF to FLAT instead of Auto. This prevents ARC from rolling off the subsonics.

Any tweaks like this can be made in one memory (movie or music) while preserving the original ARC settings in the other memory. The beauty is you don’t have to remeasure, just recalculate after tweaking and upload.

Bob’s posts were assuming ARC knows best and you would never want to second-guess ARC settings and tweak! Just remember to go into SOURCE SETUP and select the Movie/Music EQ as the mood strikes.
Great information! I think you nailed it, my sub may be at its LFE limit. It’s a 12” Linn Sizmik in a large multipurpose room, living, dining, kitchen open floor plan. I plan on playing around with placement a bit more but looking at adding a second or larger Sub in the near future...

Thanks very much!

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
The size of your room plays a big part. My theater room is 15x29. I recently went with SVS subs. Before purchasing I sent an e-mail to them asking what subs I should use. They recommended the Ultra 16". I bought 2 of them and they are placed next to my main speakers. Couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi all,

I recently tried to carry out the FW update on the D2v from 2.08 to 3.09 version.

The update process went fine for the first few minutes. However, it seemed to take a long time at "Uploading video processor uC Flash programmer...Please wait", then ultimately failed to "Video processor reset failed".

My serial connection was set to 19200,8N2; and I'm using a Dell XPS laptop with Windows 10 to perform the update using the USB to serial dongle (19HS).

I've retried many times - yet seem to get to the same point every time. The unit did not have any issues besides the usual squirks older FW.

Please help - thanks in advance!
Frank.

·
Registered
Anthem D2v, LG C7 OLED, NAD M27
592 Posts
Hi all,

I recently tried to carry out the FW update on the D2v from 2.08 to 3.09 version.

The update process went fine for the first few minutes. However, it seemed to take a long time at "Uploading video processor uC Flash programmer...Please wait", then ultimately failed to "Video processor reset failed".

My serial connection was set to 19200,8N2; and I'm using a Dell XPS laptop with Windows 10 to perform the update using the USB to serial dongle (19HS).

I've retried many times - yet seem to get to the same point every time. The unit did not have any issues besides the usual squirks older FW.

Please help - thanks in advance!
Frank.
Do you have any USB2 plugs on your laptop? I vaguely remember people having issues with USB3 (the blue ones). Do you have the latest drivers installed for your Keyspan? I did have the same problem as you for a while, but I did get it to work eventually. I can't remember what I did. Also make sure the FW update is the only thing running on your laptop. It is very temperamental. I may able to find a copy of the beta firmwares for 3.09 ("j" I think) if you want to give that a shot.

Reactions: AVfile
45281 - 45300 of 45307 Posts