AVS Forum banner

45301 - 45307 of 45307 Posts

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Do you have any USB2 plugs on your laptop? I vaguely remember people having issues with USB3 (the blue ones). Do you have the latest drivers installed for your Keyspan? I did have the same problem as you for a while, but I did get it to work eventually. I can't remember what I did. Also make sure the FW update is the only thing running on your laptop. It is very temperamental. I may able to find a copy of the beta firmwares for 3.09 ("j" I think) if you want to give that a shot.

Yes, I recall people having trouble with USB3 but that might have been with the ARC mic. Still worth trying a USB2 port, or real RS-232 serial port if you (sjcruiser ) can borrow an old PC.

Note: I can’t find any documentation about the port settings in the manual or firmware readme file, so I checked my old PC and I have Com1 set to: 9600 baud, 8N1.

I agree that firmware 3.09j is a good idea. It has some very important audio fixes for the 50v (and some more minor fixes for the D2v) so why Anthem never made an official update for the non-3D hardware is beyond me!

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
The update process went fine for the first few minutes. However, it seemed to take a long time at "Uploading video processor uC Flash programmer...Please wait", then ultimately failed to "Video processor reset failed".
You should contact Anthem if this persists but the first thing they will say is to do a factory reset before uploading the firmware.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here are a few things I've tried gathering tips on this site:

. Used an old Dell Latitude with USB2.0 ports --> still get "Video processor reset failed"
. Used an old Dell workstation with native serial port direct connect to D2v without the 19HS Keyspan dongle --> same error

Power on sequence shows that the FW is 3.09 - However, the video inputs/outputs are no-functional (verified on port1 and port5) - though I could get audio output via headphone jack (removed D2v from rack to bench).

Is there anything else I could try? Different baud rate, flow control settings, or any other tools? (I sense that 2 stop bits is imperial). I work on cloud infrastructures' FW updates on a daily basis and would like to get this resolved before resorting to sending it in for service.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You should contact Anthem if this persists but the first thing they will say is to do a factory reset before uploading the firmware.
Yes, first recommended action was to factory reset the unit through the screen menu

Second recommended action (as the issue persists) is to send the unit in for service (which shocked me quite a bit as I literally update thousands of various FW sets daily for a living and haven't seen instability like this)

·
Registered
Anthem D2v, LG C7 OLED, NAD M27
592 Posts
Yes, first recommended action was to factory reset the unit through the screen menu

Second recommended action (as the issue persists) is to send the unit in for service (which shocked me quite a bit as I literally update thousands of various FW sets daily for a living and haven't seen instability like this)
I hope you figure it out before you have to send it in. I think it took me 4 or 5 times before it actually worked. I was just using the default COM settings that worked for ARC.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts

Depending on who replied they might not be aware of all the options. Back in the days when Nick @ Anthem and Bob Pariseau frequented this thread there was talk about running a flash erase utility before resorting to an RMA. I don’t know if this was for the video board or the main board memory.

·
Premium Member
181 Posts
IR Codes for analog modes?

Yes, I still use and love my AVM 50. :)

Are there IR codes to select analog DSP and/or analog direct modes? It seems the manual shows MODE or THX + 2 digits to select every sound format except these - if I want to switch I have to go into source setup which is obviously a pain.

I'm thinking the answer (which may be "no") is buried somewhere in this thread, but I gave up trying to find it tbh.

Thanks,

- Mark

45301 - 45307 of 45307 Posts