AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I know this thread has been posted before to no replies but I was hoping that someone could comment on the video processing of the D2 compared to the integra dtr 9.9. I have a D2 for sale and want to get the 9.9 receiver, if the video quality is on par with the D2 or close to it. Please let me know if anyone has any experience with this gear, I need an answer ASAP and this is the only place to get trustworthy answers.

Thanks

Droopy

·
Registered
484 Posts
Why are you selling your D2? They are coming out with an upgrade to D2v2 which will add a lot of the features users have been asking for.

I am very with my one and half year old unit.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Keep your D2. Get the Anthem upgrade and you would have saved yourself some money, I think. I love the D2. Anthem has been great on their pricing for upgrades.

·
Registered
779 Posts
I think you are comparing apples and oranges. The Anthem is a lot more expensive than the Integra. At 4 times the price, the Anthem is more solidly built and has better quality parts. I cannot say that one sounds better than the other, or has better video because I have not compared them side by side. This is by no means a knock on the Integra which is amazingly full featured and good sounding at the price.

A second factor is that in my experience Anthem is very responsive and has excellent service (others may not have had the same experience). I think they are exceptional. No such claims have been made for Integra.

Anthem offers updates at a good price. Integra just brought out a new model in one year. There are just two different philosophies of business here. Onkyo-Integra is providing the maximum bang for the buck with minmal service and updates. Anthem is higher quality (I did not say performance) and better service but you pay for it. Pick your poison.

Disclaimer: I own an Onkyo Pro PR-SC886P and have not needed service so I do not speak about Onkyo from experience. Just reading what other threads say.

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
I know the question was about video performance, but if you're looking to swap you should consider the audio performance as well. The room correction software in the avm50/D2 looks better than Audyssey. Kal found the ARC room correction comparable to Audyssey's dedicated SEQ processor when used with the Pro kit. The SEQ is a dedicated external box with higher resolution filters and more processing power than what you get with Integra. The Pro kit is also only available to installers (and audio reviewers).

Audyssey sells you a crippled version of their software. They expect you to pay your dealer $500 a pop to bring the full version out to your house for 1 time use. Anthem charges more for the hardware upfront, but you get the full version and don't have to rely on your dealer for ongoing service ($$$).

I have a 9.8 and want more flexibility in room correction. Anthem offers that. I'm looking to upgrade. I think Anthem avm50/D2-> Integra would be a downgrade for most people. I would keep the D2... but if you still want to sell it let me know

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright, so I am keeping the D2! Bought a pva 7 again to go along with my new klipsch rf63/rc64 setup. what is the best 7 channel 200+ watt amp for less than 2k?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts