AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a whole host of issues and the wife beating me senseless over buying a Cary 11a and it not working, I returned it. She thinks I am crazy and spent to much money but I did love the sound once I disconnected the two speakers with static and the sound was actually on betewwn pops it sounded good. My question is if I get a Anthum is the sound similar quality and as transparent and open? I have never heard a Anthum D2.

Also my dealer and Cary called me and wants me to give it another try, I may but given my track record and repair costs on all 4 Cary pieces of equipment I may pass (they have all been in for repair at least once) but I don't want to sacrifice sound. Is there anything else I should look at. I need XLR.

·
Registered
29 Posts
For a long time the D2 was the best AVP\\SSP I had ever listened to. Using this preamp as a DAC is out standing. I listened to the Cary 11 and thought about buying that, but the D2 just blows most of the preamps out there away, including the 11. I do think the Classe SSP-800 may have edged the D2 out for two channel sound as a analog processor. That's a first for me to like a SSP in analog mod, but I do like the Classe. If you are going to buy a new D2 then go listen to the SSP-800. I don't own one, but I'm saving up for the Classe. Good luck, but not matter what you buy you will be happy. Sorry the 11 didn't work out for you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts