AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am debating between 2 year used anthem mrx300 and new Onkyo nr636. The price for 2 year used Anthem is around $500 a little higher than new Onkyo. I don't need touch feature like Bluetooth I prefer better sound quality. Which one do I select? How is the reliability of anthem after 2 years of use?

I appreciate your comment .

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
Definitely not the Onkyo... They are too unreliable... if you opt for the Anthem, make sure it has the functions you need...

·
Registered
901 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
They might but if its determined to not be their issue, you're going to be stuck. From personal experience, there's a benefit to using common electronics.
Not trying to argue, but Anthem and parent company Paradigm are not really niche or uncommon. Fully agree they dont have the spread of Marantz, Denon, etc. If they determine the issue is not caused by their (anthem) device I would not expect them to fix it. Just think it's a bit overboard saying if you buy Anthem you likely wont get support because their not as big as the big dogs. Often times smaller companies provide better customer service than large companies.

@OP let us know when you go with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts