AVS Forum banner

17281 - 17300 of 17304 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Being I no longer have a PC, and since I need to redo ARC for my new home and speakers is the only current way to do this using a mac through bootcamp?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just when I thought it was time to replace my beloved mrx300.I was shocked that mrx 300 supports dolby vision even hdr10.How did I find out? Last year I changed the panasonic vt60 plasma with panasonic gz oled tv.Adjusting nvdia shield tv (2019) to 1080p resolution with support for dolby vision and hdr.Anthem mrx300 reproduces netflix dolby vision without any problems. Of course in 1080p resolution but then panasonic oled tv does magic. Also watching movies via Kodi anthem mrx300 is able to play hdr with a small change of settings on the TV. To watch hdr movies you only need to change the hdmi EOTF gamma option .(Picture-Option Settings-HDMI EOTF Type)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just when I thought it was time to replace my beloved mrx300.I was shocked that mrx 300 supports dolby vision even hdr10.How did I find out? Last year I changed the panasonic vt60 plasma with panasonic gz oled tv.Adjusting nvdia shield tv (2019) to 1080p resolution with support for dolby vision and hdr.Anthem mrx300 reproduces netflix dolby vision without any problems. Of course in 1080p resolution but then panasonic oled tv does magic. Also watching movies via Kodi anthem mrx300 is able to play hdr with a small change of settings on the TV. To watch hdr movies you only need to change the hdmi EOTF gamma option .(Picture-Option Settings-HDMI EOTF Type)
As an MRX300 owner, this sounds exciting, although I'm unsure about what you're coming for 4K ability. Are you saying that you can go from Shield via HDMI to the MRX300 and then via HDMI to your TV and get 4K? As good as connecting directly from the Shield to the TV?

·
Registered
4 Posts
As an MRX300 owner, this sounds exciting, although I'm unsure about what you're coming for 4K ability. Are you saying that you can go from Shield via HDMI to the MRX300 and then via HDMI to your TV and get 4K? As good as connecting directly from the Shield to the TV?
Maybe such a thing is possible with a quality hdmi splitter with EDID option. I haven't tried it but I'm very happy with the option I explained in the previous status.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Has anyone had issues with the MRX in my case the 700 just stop producing sound for a short period of time? I haven't timed it but something like 15 seconds. The last 2 times I have used my system I have listened to a CD in 2.0 at moderate volumes of -35 to -39. I was doing a little exercising (which isn't often) and I was listening to music because I didn't want to turn on the whole system so it was just the MRX, 2 speakers which are Paradigm S8v3 and an Oppo 203.

I didn't get to see if the Oppo stopped playing during this since everything is hard to see because it is behind a C5v3 in a TV stand.

Just curious if anyone else had similar issues.

·
Registered
33 Posts
MRX300 seems to be having issues with amplifier gain.
Right channel set to 12dB higher than left to balance.
Cousin's MRX 300 suffered same issue - repaired by Anthem - but claim is still not back to when it was new.

When is Anthem going to release a replacement with all the new HDMI 2.1 support along with bass management for multiple subwoofers?
OR do I have to abandon Anthem, and the great ARC room correction, and go with a DIRAC multi-subwoofer bass management?
OR do I fix the MRX300, get a HDFury for HDMI eARC, add a mini-dsp DDRC-24 with REW, Multii-Sub Optimizer, and run DIRAC multi-subwoofer optimiser on top?
I only have a 5.2 system, don't have space for full ATMOS and really enjoy the anthem music mode for 2 channel audio.
While it might not be "proper" - I like it.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Cousin's MRX 300 suffered same issue - repaired by Anthem - but claim is still not back to when it was new.

When is Anthem going to release a replacement with all the new HDMI 2.1 support along with bass management for multiple subwoofers?
OR do I have to abandon Anthem, and the great ARC room correction, and go with a DIRAC multi-subwoofer bass management?
OR do I fix the MRX300, get a HDFury for HDMI eARC, add a mini-dsp DDRC-24 with REW, Multii-Sub Optimizer, and run DIRAC multi-subwoofer optimiser on top?
I only have a 5.2 system, don't have space for full ATMOS and really enjoy the anthem music mode for 2 channel audio.
My opinion is don't put any money into your current MRX. I won't be putting any money into mine. I mean, it is almost 10 years old.

As far as I can tell Anthem is releasing all their new stuff tomorrow but with HDMI 2.0b with an upgrade to HDMI 2.1 in the future for an additional cost.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have the following setup:

MRX500
Panasonic OLED 65HZW1000
Apple tv 4K

And I am trying to figure out what the best way is to get the audio from the apple tv to my receiver.

One option would be is to get a hdfury avr key but are there other options as well?

Maybe run a optical (toslink) from the tv to receiver and apple tv with hdmi to tv but I am not sure if that works and if it will not add latency to the audio.

Any advice?

I do not care about atmos or other fancy high end audio as that would mean replacing the receiver and such.

·
Registered
143 Posts

this is the same issue I had, and with the right speaker! It got so bad that I couldn’t run ARC anymore because the volume levels out of the right channel were too low for the mic to pick up, I also started to get this issue with the center channel. I was trying to hold out but I had to upgrade my AVR a few months back due to the amp issues in the MRX300. I honestly wouldn’t repair this AVR it’s old and outdated now! Get a new one, I bought a Yamaha 780 to hold me over and sound quality wise it’s as good as the Anthem for movies and a bit better than the anthem for music, pretty impressed with Yamaha they also run cool.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have the following setup:

MRX500
Panasonic OLED 65HZW1000
Apple tv 4K

And I am trying to figure out what the best way is to get the audio from the apple tv to my receiver.

One option would be is to get a hdfury avr key but are there other options as well?

Maybe run a optical (toslink) from the tv to receiver and apple tv with hdmi to tv but I am not sure if that works and if it will not add latency to the audio.

Any advice?

I do not care about atmos or other fancy high end audio as that would mean replacing the receiver and such.
maybe I had a broken HDFury AVRKey but it wouldn’t work for me, would pass the audio but not the video to the TV, I ended up returning it and just buying a new AVR which I think is a better solution in the end.

·
Registered
14 Posts
maybe I had a broken HDFury AVRKey but it wouldn’t work for me, would pass the audio but not the video to the TV, I ended up returning it and just buying a new AVR which I think is a better solution in the end.
Well that is not really what I have in mind so I guess my question still stands about running a optical (toslink) from my tv to the receiver. That could work right?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Well that is not really what I have in mind so I guess my question still stands about running a optical (toslink) from my tv to the receiver. That could work right?
yes but you may not get Dolby Digital Plus and depending on your TV it may only send 2 channel audio to the AVR.

·
Registered
14 Posts
yes but you may not get Dolby Digital Plus and depending on your TV it may only send 2 channel audio to the AVR.
Well its worth a try I guess, cable is rather cheap versus an avr key.

Upgrading is always possible but if I do not have to that would be great.

·
Registered
33 Posts
this is the same issue I had, and with the right speaker! It got so bad that I couldn’t run ARC anymore because the volume levels out of the right channel were too low for the mic to pick up, I also started to get this issue with the center channel. I was trying to hold out but I had to upgrade my AVR a few months back due to the amp issues in the MRX300. I honestly wouldn’t repair this AVR it’s old and outdated now! Get a new one, I bought a Yamaha 780 to hold me over and sound quality wise it’s as good as the Anthem for movies and a bit better than the anthem for music, pretty impressed with Yamaha they also run cool.
Interesting. Another MRX suffering.
I have other issues with my MRX - locking up, not switching HDMI, not responding to menu setup buttons.
It started with the video messing up where overlay was messed up so I had to chose through.
Seems to like it better if I never turn it off.

My office system is a 2.1 setup with a Yamaha A-S801 integrated amp, Paradigm Prestige 15B's and an SVS SB-2000 sub.
It replaced a Marantz, HK, and Luxman before that.
I'm really happy with the Yamaha A-S801, although I wish it did have bass management so that I could use a high pass crossover for my nearfield monitors.
It indeed stays cool, and drives the 15B's to volumes that are as loud as I need in a small room.
But YPAO vs. ANTHEM ARC GENESIS?

I only need support for a 5 channels, + 2 subs
I have my two surrounds in the ceiling due to room constraints. All 5 channels are equidistance and pointed at the MLP - which is more suited to DTS:X layout.
So this is more like a 3.2.2 setup.
I think the object based steering supported in the 540 with DTS:X would offer some benefit for my setup.

Before I got the MRX300 - I had a few AVR's in for audition. HK, Denon, Marantz, Pioneer, Yamaha. I wanted to try all the various room correction to see what they did.
Out of all of them, the HK was the best from a SQ.
The thing I didn't like about most of these is the limitations of channel assignments. Anthem got it right by allowing any combination of audio and video, and duplicating them.
If I want HDMI 1 video input and have a choice of HMDI audio, Optical, or COAX, or analog, I can.
That and the 65wpc amp of the Anthem seemed much more dynamic than any of the others. At the time I was driving 6ohm speakers.

I didn't really care for Audyssey, MCACC, YPAO. ARC just seemed to work in bringing even bass into the room at multiple listening positions.
It was subtle but seemed like the intent was more about SQ than in your face ON/OFF impact.

The real treat I found was the how good AnthemLogic-Music is for 2 channel listening. It reminded my of HK's Logic 7 - only much better.
It just opens up the soundstage so wide with a (not so) subtle bass boost that I like.
I like the fact it doesn't employ the centre speaker. Adding the surrounds just fill the room up with sound.
Don't know if it would be similar to an open baffle, or omnidirectional radiator type speaker setup - but it just seems to work.

The other manufacturers all have their versions of 2 channel up-mix modes - but I didn't enjoy any of them. They all seemed super gimmicky with reverb, room curves, etc.

Looking like the MRX540 with mindsp DDRC-24 is the one to get.
Until full HDMI 2.1 comes out - will have to switch any 2.1 sources (I have zero) with the (non-existent 2.1) display.

I think it was a BIG fail not to include independent subwoofer control in the MRX series.
If only the MRX740 had independent subwoofer outputs - I would likely jump on that and modify my LR fronts for bi-amping.
Although - really with the existing 65wpc output of the MRX300 being plenty for 99% of the time.
It is tempting though to see what bi-amping would do for dynamic headroom on my mains though.

Having to jump from a 540 to 1140 to get independent subwoofer control and a bunch of amplifiers and channel processing I'll never use makes no sense.
You do get DTS:X PRO in the 1140 - which would provide me with what exactly in a 3.2.2 system?
I do have room for a ceiling mounted centre height speaker (voice of GOD).

·
Registered
5 Posts
still having no success getting the Comcast remote to work with the MRX 500
has anyone found a similar receiver that has compatable codes that I can use to program the Comcast remote even just for the basic functions of power and colume

Comcast X1 code for anthem receivers

Hello all,

I just got an Anthem MRX500 for my home theater room. I had planned to use my Comcast remote to control everything but to my shock there are no anthem codes with Comcast. I have the X1 system and voice command remote.

I am hoping someone has come up with a code that at least lets me turn the receiver on and off and change the volume.

in days past I used a logitech harmony with my onkyo receiver and Roku and BD player due to having so many devices, but these days the X1 system is replacing my Roku for Netflix and amazon prime video so there is no need for the harmony

the X1 system remote is far far superior to the harmony system due to all the dedicated buttons, AND the voice commands so having to use the harmony or anthem remote in addition to the X1 remote is a step back in tech and convenience to me

I really want to use this anthem receiver and have been searching for an answer

Anthem just recommended the harmony ( I actually have quite a few for other purposes and am very well familiar with them) and Comcast suggested the 992 search which didn't come up with a solution

so does anyone have an anthem code for the comcast X1 remotes ?

·
Registered
801 Posts
It's been a while since I've been in this thread... But I have a very unique set of questions...

I own an mrx300... I am planning on using the MRXs ARC technology to help correct for any room issues that I might have at a recording studio. I Iill be using my studio 100s, 20s, and seismic 12 to create a virtual 24 channel Dolby Atmos setup... To be used on a Smyth Realiser A16.

Now for the trickery... without getting into the technical details of how the a16 works... I will be using to Studio 100s to create a 12-channel base layer consisting of.(C, L, R, Lw, Rw, Lss, Rss, Lb, Rb, Lrs2, Rrs2, Cs). In order to do this I will be using the studio 100s as the main left and right channels... And rotating in my chair 30° for each measurement to create a virtual 12 channel base layer.

I will then be using two Studio 20s for the height channels... (Lfh, Rfh, Lrh, Rrh)... A similar capture to the studio 100s will be done here as well. The studio 20s will be placed at the front height positions... A measurement will be taken... I w
illll then turn 180° in my chair essentially making the front height channels now the rear.

A similar measurement will be done for the six top channels (Ltf, Rtf, Ltm, Rtm, Ltr, Rtr). I will set directly under two Studio 20s to capture the left and right top middle channels to take a measurement... Move forward to measure the virtual rear top channels. And likewise move to the rear of the middle channels to capture a virtual left and right front top channels.

Now that everyone's confused... My question.
Because the A16 Realiser can only output frequency sweeps via analog channels... And the MRX only has stereo inputs. The main front left and right base layer channels will be captured in two channel stereo. So I will most likely use the room correction of the MRX (Studio 100s and Seismic sub) to equalize for a 2.1 channel environment... Which should be pretty straightforward. Where I need clarification is at the height and top channels. Because I am limited to stereo inputs... I will be driving the top and height channels (Studio 20s) from the left and right outputs of the MRX. So the MRX will actually be doing room correction for top and height channels when it thinks it is set up to correct for left and right mains. Will this cause any abnormalities in the room correction because the speakers are not where they should be in a traditional 2.0 setup? I guess I have the same question for the top channels... Since I will be sitting directly below the downward firing Studio 20s?

I guess my main question is... If I'm going to use ARC on the MRX to EQ the "left and right main channels"... Does it matter where those speakers (assigned to the left and right main channels) are placed in the room?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts..
Thanks.

17281 - 17300 of 17304 Posts