AVS Forum banner

181 - 200 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Odd, i just talked to them and they said no so whatever. I sure hope they do it but they're definitely shipping with HDMI 2.0b

·
Registered
43 Posts
AFAIK...it will have to have the hdmi 2.1 board already in the receiver..2.0b cannot be upgraded later without this.. and if they already have the board present, no need for software updates down the road?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Yep, the hardware would need to be present already.

I can forsee a situation where the software to make use of the hardware's 2.1 features is not ready at the time of launch.

I love Anthem, but have learned the hard way with other products to not buy something where the features will be implemented "later."

I hope they have things fully baked upon release.

I realize business reality sometimes makes that a "nice to have" rather than a steadfast requirement.

·
Registered
637 Posts
If they weren't adding HDMI 2.1 what would the new MRX\AVM offer that is more than the current gen? I'm just curious. I still have an MRX700

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
Without any insider knowledge we can list what some OTHER manufacturers are including as possibilities:

More speakers than 7.1.4
Airplay
Bluetooth
eARC
variable refresh rate
8k support
dual subwoofer output with appropriate control for different phase/distance for each unit
firmware updates via network

Of these, I suspect eARC and 8k support are the most likely.

Dual sub with appropriate discrete adjustment would be the most useful, imo.

More speakers would be cool (but I personally couldn't make use of it).

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | 6.1.4: B&W 802D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
9,067 Posts
Without any insider knowledge we can list what some OTHER manufacturers are including as possibilities:

More speakers than 7.1.4
Airplay
Bluetooth
eARC
variable refresh rate
8k support
dual subwoofer output with appropriate control for different phase/distance for each unit
firmware updates via network

Of these, I suspect eARC and 8k support are the most likely.

Dual sub with appropriate discrete adjustment would be the most useful, imo.

More speakers would be cool (but I personally couldn't make use of it).
My current wish list:

• Additional sub output with sub vol control that works into speaker presets as a 2nd sub speaker with all that entails.
  • Some sort of DSP / PEQ per channel - again worked into the speaker presets
  • Double bass / enhanced bass feature where you can set front main speakers full range and also send front speaker sounds to the sub based on the sub crossover point.
  • Ability to enable rear surrounds when surrounds are disabled

·
Registered
10,069 Posts
My current wish list:

• Additional sub output with sub vol control that works into speaker presets as a 2nd sub speaker with all that entails.
  • Some sort of DSP / PEQ per channel - again worked into the speaker presets
  • Double bass / enhanced bass feature where you can set front main speakers full range and also send front speaker sounds to the sub based on the sub crossover point.
  • Ability to enable rear surrounds when surrounds are disabled
1. Volume control per sub would be cool, though it is possible to just use the trim on the subs themselves in most cases. Of course it is also possible to adjust the delay/phase on the subs themselves and I asked for that to be part of the indepednetly controllable variable set for each sub output so.....I understand.

2. I am not sure I follow you here. I achieve this via having different profiles, some of which has different remembered EQ settings for speakers based both on different measurement approaches when running ARC and on different user choices in the ARC software.

3. I guess this is a popular one, though it is usually not the correct way to do bass management?

4. So you want to send the side surround info to speakers in the rear? Would this differ from just labeling speakers in the rear as your main side surrounds? Or you only want the rear signal to go the rear and side surround to be spread between the mains and rears creating virtual side surrounds?

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | 6.1.4: B&W 802D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
9,067 Posts
Let me explain a better use case for each.

1. Volume control per sub would be cool, though it is possible to just use the trim on the subs themselves in most cases. Of course it is also possible to adjust the delay/phase on the subs themselves and I asked for that to be part of the indepednetly controllable variable set for each sub output so.....I understand.
In my setup, I run different volume settings per sub for music vs movies/games. On movies/games my main subs run -12dB and my near field subs run -8dB. On music, my main subs run 0dB and my near field run +8dB. Separate sub volumes are required to automated this.

2. I am not sure I follow you here. I achieve this via having different profiles, some of which has different remembered EQ settings for speakers based both on different measurement approaches when running ARC and on different user choices in the ARC software.
You are assuming room correction is being used. For music, room correction is absolutely terrible and I do not use it. Also, the Anthem has no PEQ / DSP ability outside of room correction. Most high end processors have N PEQ per channel outside of room correction.

3. I guess this is a popular one, though it is usually not the correct way to do bass management?
Yep, here is why I want this. Main sub and front lets say we crossover at 60hz. So that means 0-60 = sub, 60-20k = mains. However, I also have shakers. These provide tactile feedback up to 150hz. And it's much better running shakers at 150hz. The way it works now, I have to run either 0-150 and 150-20k and have my subs running 60-150 when I'd prefer this to go to my fronts or 0-60 and 60-20k and miss out on shakers. The double bass option. It would allow me to run my fronts full range and use their natural roll off which is around 40hz. Then I could run my subs at 0-60hz and my shakers at 0-150hz.

4. So you want to send the side surround info to speakers in the rear? Would this differ from just labeling speakers in the rear as your main side surrounds? Or you only want the rear signal to go the rear and side surround to be spread between the mains and rears creating virtual side surrounds?
So this is for music, specifically "all channel stereo". My front speakers and my very far rear speakers are the best for music. I'd like to run all channel stereo and only enable the front left/right and rear left/right (with rear at say -6dB). The way it is now, I cannot turn on the rears without also turning on the surrounds. The surrounds clutter up the sound a little even at -12dB (which is the lowest I can set them in the music profile). The ability to enable rears without surrounds is enforced due to Dolby limitations not due to technical limitations.

·
Registered
9,067 Posts
I got word from a reliable source that the new series will feature 2 units. One is a 15.2 (15 channel, 2 sub outputs) one is a 15.4 (15 channel, 4 sub outputs). The 15.4 will have better dacs supposedly although the 15.2 is already supposedly upgraded from the AVM60. The double bass feature I want is also added. Sounds like they dumped DTS Play Fi and added Roon support. I guess we get official announcement next week. Honestly, it all sounded pretty good.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Found this on Anthem Facebook group page.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
224 Posts
Nice. Been waiting for Anthem to update their line before picking up a new AVR.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Found this on Anthem Facebook group page.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Do you have a pic of the remaining features on that page? Top left appears to show a lot of the newer features (HDMI 2.1) and it seems like there's certainly more on the 1140 list.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
If you use a miniDSP for your bass response management, you wouldn't be using both subwoofer outputs anyway, correct?

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Do you have a pic of the remaining features on that page? Top left appears to show a lot of the newer features (HDMI 2.1) and it seems like there's certainly more on the 1140 list.
It says HDMI 2.0b HDCP 2.2 and 18Gbps.

Hopefully they will offer a 2.1 version later.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
It says HDMI 2.0b HDCP 2.2 and 18Gbps.

Hopefully they will offer a 2.1 version later.
It clearly reads "2.1 (8K)" in the upper left corner. I'd like to know what it reads just before that.

181 - 200 of 322 Posts