AVS Forum banner

441 - 452 of 452 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I finally made up my mind and ordered a MRX-1140, Due at the end of Jan. I will post my initial observations on its ownership and ease of use (Sold my Yamaha RX-A3080 to make way for this). I also intend to use all 11 channels of internal amplification (sold my 3 channel Rotel RB-993 as I could not keep it cool enough in my enclosed cabinet) and see how it performs. I have a 2nd Rotel 2 channel RB-1070 that I may use to drive the fronts if warranted.
Question: Rotel is 2x130W. Anthem is 11x140W. Will i still see a difference with the Rotel?
Thanks

Reactions: RaggedEdge

·
Registered
257 Posts
I finally made up my mind and ordered a MRX-1140, Due at the end of Jan. I will post my initial observations on its ownership and ease of use (Sold my Yamaha RX-A3080 to make way for this). I also intend to use all 11 channels of internal amplification (sold my 3 channel Rotel RB-993 as I could not keep it cool enough in my enclosed cabinet) and see how it performs. I have a 2nd Rotel 2 channel RB-1070 that I may use to drive the fronts if warranted.
Question: Rotel is 2x130W. Anthem is 11x140W. Will i still see a difference with the Rotel?
Thanks
According to crutchfield the MRX1140 is

11-channel amplifier
  • 5 channels rated at 140 watts (Class AB)
  • 6 channels rated at 60 watts (Class D)

·
Registered
11,598 Posts
Thanks
The good news is that YOU can tell US since you have the gear and can test it.

My prediction is that you won't hear a difference, because I did a similar test myself and didn't, but YMMV.

·
Registered
Sony A8F Oled, Pioneer SC-05 receiver, Paradigm Studio 60 v4
38 Posts
Which model where you inquiring about? Crutchfield still has the MRX 1140 and 740 scheduled for shipping Jan. 27. Only the MRX 540 has been changed to Feb 11. The AVM 90 has also been changed to March 30.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Not my conversation, but picked up on another forum some days ago. In addition, they have commented on some posts on their Facebook-page:
View attachment 3078407
Interesting!!! However, Anthem appears to have edited their facebook post. If you click on the "F" for the facebook post it brings you to the facebook page. Anthem's response no longer gives the dates for the expected shipments. They also deleted the information about the fire at the DAC plant.

I did a text chat with Crutchfield today. This is what they said.....
ime​
Sender​
Message Details​
1/14/2021 9:37:53 a.m.David Hi, Crutchfield website says the Anthem MRX 740 is expected to ship on January 27. Many forums are saying that Anthen MRX models will not be available until mid Feb. Is January 27th still the expected shipping date?
1/14/2021 9:49:55 a.m.Crutchfield ChatDavid has joined the conversation.
1/14/2021 9:50:17 a.m.JasanGood morning David, thanks for chatting, and sorry for the long delay. Allow me just a moment to review what you have typed.
1/14/2021 9:51:18 a.m.JasanGreat question! Let me take a look and see what I can find.
1/14/2021 9:52:44 a.m.JasanSo as of now, that is date we are showing, yes. Of course, it could possible change. I also show we have a LOT of them on backorder already, so it is possible we get a few in, but they just cover the ones that are already sold.
1/14/2021 9:53:44 a.m.David Thank You. I pre-order back in December. I have my fingers crossed
1/14/2021 9:54:14 a.m.JasanAh, you are one of our pre-orders, awesome! Yeah, we are hopeful to see them soon. But, should anything change, we will be in touch as soon as we hear anything.
1/14/2021 9:54:42 a.m.David Thank You have a great day
1/14/2021 9:55:12 a.m.Crutchfield ChatDavid has left the conversation.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I'd believe Anthem's post over Crutchfield's chat... Their revised post doesn't say anything to indicate that it isn't actually going to be worse than what the original stated. If they were changing it from a public post of mid-February back to the end of January, then they would be VERY excited to share that. Instead they are even more vague which isn't encouraging at all.

I will HAPPILY eat my words if I am wrong though. I am still without an AVR since late October when I sold my MRX-1120 expecting the MRX-1140 to be available after a couple of weeks (and with more improvements over the 5-year old MRX-1120, but that is another story).

·
Registered
38 Posts
This quote can from the AVM 70/90 thread. So much conflicting information out there. I guess, all we can do is wait and see.

Word is that the first batch of MRX 740s, MRX 1140s & AVM 70s have arrived from across the pond. Still ??? as when they will go out to the masses.
Can't say much more or the G.A.S. police may cancel my membership. :)

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
This quote can from the AVM 70/90 thread. So much conflicting information out there. I guess, all we can do is wait and see.
I mean technically their own website still shows "Availability: January 2021 " for a number of the products which conflicted with their Facebook post... Then again, we know how reliable the information on their website has been over the years. LOL Who knows what's right at this point???

·
Registered
39 Posts
The good news is that YOU can tell US since you have the gear and can test it.

My prediction is that you won't hear a difference, because I did a similar test myself and didn't, but YMMV.
Thanks. I will update at a later date.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Interesting!!! However, Anthem appears to have edited their facebook post. If you click on the "F" for the facebook post it brings you to the facebook page. Anthem's response no longer gives the dates for the expected shipments. They also deleted the information about the fire at the DAC plant.
Just to clearify: The picture is from a Facebook-chat with Anthem (not my chat), the link is from a "public" post on their Facebook-page.

441 - 452 of 452 Posts