AVS Forum banner

161 - 180 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
I'm pretty sure the new Anthem's ARE NOT going to support 8k, like i know they won't be.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
No, nothing like that...
I just go a long time in between purchases and could not make myself pay full price for model at what I think is the end of it's lifespan is all.

I had the 510 and was the biggest Anthem/Paradigm fanboy there was. For the past 1.5 years I had $3,500 socked away to buy the "new 11xx" series because I wanted to go atmos with no additional components. I was convinced their ARC was so much better than the competitors (it may have been in 2014 when I bought my mrx510).

I seriously thought I was going to be able to tell a difference between Anthem and Denon SQ wise...So far as I can tell, the denon sounds better, I have airplay 2, dual sub outs, and $1,500 to put towards subwoofer upgrade.

My speakers are all same make and series properly placed...if there is a difference in Room Correction, I can not hear it. As a matter of fact, count me among the growing number of people (see anthem thread) who are turning off (or limiting room correction to >500hz). Turns out I like the sound of my speakers.

I was always a fan of Anthem's "put the money where it counts" strategy with no bells and whistles. Turns out, denon has some bells and whistles nicely put and easy to work.

No beef with Anthem/Paradigm here at all. Every time I called customer support I got a helpful and knowledgeable CSR that stayed with me until we solved the reason for the call.
Good deal...I really liked Denon back in the day before the merger with Marantz. I don't use ARC either but plan on moving to the next series Anthem processor with Anthem MCA-525 when I upgrade to a projector in December.

Are you gaming at all with your JVC projector? I'm curious because I plan on adding a JVC NX5 or NX7.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm pretty sure the new Anthem's ARE NOT going to support 8k, like i know they won't be.
with how long Anthem AVRs life spans are, I would think they would support 8K and full 2.1.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yeah, they’re not. HDMI 2.0b already confirmed.

·
Registered
164 Posts
No gaming here mbroadus, just movies...and WOW, don't under estimate just how much a 'big screen' will impact that experience.
Every guest so far has been "Stunned" the NX started out super and just keep getting better with fw upgrades.

btw...what is somebody clear over in Virginia doing with a Cubbies avatar?

Reactions: pitchcut29

·
Registered
164 Posts
mbroadus, that is gonna be some serious power bro 🤘

·
Registered
445 Posts
Can't really say, should be out soon though officially.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
No gaming here mbroadus, just movies...and WOW, don't under estimate just how much a 'big screen' will impact that experience.
Every guest so far has been "Stunned" the NX started out super and just keep getting better with fw upgrades.

btw...what is somebody clear over in Virginia doing with a Cubbies avatar?
I only play games a couple hours a week so nothing hard core. I’m currently redoing the living room and adding a Sony 65A8H OLED above the fireplace with mantle mount for causal tv viewing. Then adding a JVC NX5 or NX7 with motorized SI screen in December when hockey season begins. I’ve been reading about all the JVC updates/upgrades and it really is a must have and a terrific value when you consider the updates.

I’m originally from Austin, TX and would watch the Cubs every day when I got home from school. Ryne “Ryno” Sandburg was my favorite player. Until this year, I would take a week off from work and go to Chicago and watch several games. I still root for the Nationals except when playing the Cubs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ryan Sanberg, Ron Cey, Jody Davis, Steve Trout and Billy Buckner on first...man, that was back in the day for me.
I was just a kid.

Reactions: mbroadus

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can't really say, should be out soon though officially.
What is the definition of soon? I have doubts between the Anthem 1140 or the Arcam AVR20 ...

·
Registered
243 Posts
Thoughts on any chance of Bluetooth added? Not a deal breaker for me but the kids like to use it for watching videos from their phone and once in a while my oldest puts on her college course via BT.
I am looking for an alternative to the Denon-Marantz chain of products. I'm also waiting for an update announcement from Outlaw about their 976 pre/pro.

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
Thoughts on any chance of Bluetooth added? Not a deal breaker for me but the kids like to use it for watching videos from their phone and once in a while my oldest puts on her college course via BT.
I am looking for an alternative to the Denon-Marantz chain of products. I'm also waiting for an update announcement from Outlaw about their 976 pre/pro.
Doubtful...I would buy a used AppleTV and use airplay. That’s what I use to show travel pics on my tv. Maybe chromecast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: nathan_h

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Fellow Geeks and Audio Heads! I am an official lurker here. I have finally made the decision to go separates. I've purchased outlaw amps, a 2220 and a 7000. I have been doing massive research on pre/pros, horror stories across the board. I have settled, and am waiting on a new anthem, I think if they get it right, they can have the best new processor available. I wish they would give some kind of updates on new releases. I just want to keep this thread going because I'm sure there are many of us patiently waiting................

·
Registered
445 Posts
Looks like they're going to FINALLY replace the D2v! Two preamps coming...

·
Registered
92 Posts
My 520 was damaged by a nearby lightning strike a few weeks ago, along with my LG OLED tv. Insurance is paying out, but I think I'm going to hook up my old B&K Reference 50 to use for a few months to see what happens with Anthem. Like others here, I hate to buy the new 520, at full MSRP, with a newer model just around the corner (maybe). But I do love the 520 running as a pre pro through my B&K AV5000II amp.

·
Registered
445 Posts
100% wrong. 100%

They WILL. Just not right away.
Well, yeah, maybe but certainly not when the new ones ship which is the point. Cause updates always happen as planned...

161 - 180 of 322 Posts